In desperate need for advice for Diploma Stage 2 Student

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
caitlin181999

In desperate need for advice for Diploma Stage 2 Student

Post by caitlin181999 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:24 am

Hi everyone,
I'm currently halfway through my work placement at a 168 place center in the Toddler room for my Diploma Stage 2 study. However, I've recently started having problems with the staff in the room. I previously worked in a casual position at smaller center for 2 years as a Certificate III Casual.

At first, the staff were very friendly and were always engaging with me regarding my study. But the last two - three weeks have changed... Now the staff are plain not talking to me unless to give me negative feedback or to get me to do an urgent job. The Team Leader is the worst offender of this; she refuses to give me eye contact and plain does not talk to me which makes me feel that she's very unapproachable and doesn't want me there.

Today, I was reading through the Educator diary (which the educators use to write messages to the other staff in the room regarding children (ie medication, injuries, missing items) or jobs that need to be done in the room. I do this every now and again to remind myself of issues in the room and to keep an eye out on them. The room leader caught me doing this and told me to stop doing it from now onwards as it is a breach of confidentiality.

As far as I'm aware, I'm pretty certain that reading the educator diary for the room is not in breach of confidentiality as I am not sharing that information with anyone outside the center. Am I in the right here?

(and i have my lecturer visting me from tafe on friday 23rd October and i'm so nervous... any tips to help with the nervousness?)

Thanks!
- Caitlin

Lorina

Re: In desperate need for advice for Diploma Stage 2 Student

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:48 am

Hi Caitlin,

I apologise for missing your question... I'm sorry to hear that you are going through these issues at work. Have things gotten better?

Are you still having issues?

Let me know so I can help!

:geek:,
Lorina