Having children as a teacher

Childcare room set-up ideas, strategies for teaching children, group times, Montessori teaching and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
MaverickLan

Having children as a teacher

Post by MaverickLan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:59 pm

Teaching is exhausting. When I get home I just want to be left alone. I feel like I’ve been so over stimulated all day and just don’t have as much patience at the end of the day. I’ve been thinking A LOT about how it would be to have my own children to come home to after a day of teaching my elementary class. I always wanted to have kids, but now I’m a teacher halfway through my 20s and it’s the last thing I want.

Has anyone thought about this before having kids? Is this a phase because I’m a new teacher? Has anyone chosen to not have kids because they’re a teacher?

I really try to go above and beyond for my students and I know I would be that way as a mom. I don’t know how I would do both without coming up short on one end.

I’ve never done anything other than work with children (babysitter, nanny, teacher). Not sure if that’s relevant.

Any thoughts would be great!

Nandy84
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Having children as a teacher

Post by Nandy84 » Tue May 24, 2022 4:19 pm

Hello,

Well, I think one, who is a teacher or deals with children can be a great mom. We all know that a mother is a first teacher of a baby. And being a teacher you have to add on the facility as you have the experience to deal with children. I think every teacher who fosters children, who make them feel special, safe, and secure, in a way a mother. So, a teacher is no less than a mother. I think you are a little bit fastened with your work and that is why you feel full and tired sometimes. For me, you need to separate your personal life and professional life. In that way, you can balance any role in your life very efficiently.

Thanks

Nandita