CHCORG506C - Facilitate Work Group Activities

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Susy

CHCORG506C - Facilitate Work Group Activities

Post by Susy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:51 am

Project assessment task 1
PRO013
Managing time and setting priorities
CHCORG506C Coordinate the work environment
1. contribute to and promote effective work practices
2. Promote effective workplace relations
3. Facilitate work group activities

I need help to create a power point slide . I have no idea any help will be appreciated ......
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

hemambika

Re: CHCORG506C - Facilitate Work Group Activities

Post by hemambika » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:01 pm

For Facilitate work group activities:

Facilitating positive group activities
A work structure that works as a group maximises staff member’s contribution as well as offers a range of opportunities to influence outcomes and get feedbacks. Work group activities involve the entire work tem or staff coming together. Conducting meetings is a great way to bring people together which aids in planning, solving issues, exchanging of ideas, information exchanges as well as monitor work practices and activities. By conducting meetings, it will serve as an excellent opportunity for the staff to undertake new roles and responsibilities within a supportive environment.
One of the major challenges for me to execute a successful workgroup is encouraging all members’ active participation. If there should be active participation among members, I should provide them with some confidence, which will be achievable if there is proper planning and consistency in the meetings. Some of the strategies that can be used in meetings include:
 Provide the participants with an agenda before the time of meeting
 Record the proceedings and decisions made in the meeting
 Record the follow-up tasks and actions
 It is very important that the meeting starts and ends on time
 Ensure that all of the participants get to provide their advise and views
 Ensure that participants are aware of what is expected out of them at the time of meeting
 All the participants display empathy displayed through active listening and asking questions
 Share responsibility to keep the meeting on track
 Existence of a set of work group norms and rules
 Encourage differing views and opinions
 When ideas are suggested, the positive aspects of these ideas should be stressed
 There should be emphasis on tasks and relationships as well as mutual trust
 Fostering of consensus decision making
 Existence of clear problem solving techniques and strategies
 Sought feedback on group process and
 Participants rotate the roles and responsibilities in meetings
To continuously improvise and foster work group processes, I will
• Workout the skills and knowledge within the group
• Encourage ownership trough joint decision making relating to group purpose, aims and objectives, proposed outcomes and maintenance tasks
• Encourage the use of skills and knowledge
• Make use of infrastructure of organisations represented by staff wherever possible
• Foster a mentoring system to train and support volunteers and community members
• Get to know the staff team well and ensure that they are involved, motivated and offered positive feedback
• When volunteers exist in work groups, I will recognise their time, knowledge and skill set, reimburse the out-of pocket expenses and provide clear guidelines of tasks and group purpose.

cheers,
Hema

Susy

Re: CHCORG506C - Facilitate Work Group Activities

Post by Susy » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:22 pm

Hi Hemambika , thank you so much and I really appreciated for your help .