Fully registered teacher mentor

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
abbycook

Fully registered teacher mentor

Post by abbycook » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:55 pm

I am seeking a fully registered qld teacher to be my mentor. I am an ECT in a LDC and ideally seek someone in a similiar role. I understand some may view this as a burden, but I am keen to learn and love what I do. I would be more than happy to send my resume, university & diploma result, and contact number of current employer for anyone wishing to know more about me before undertaking this responsibility. Thanks for taking the time. Abby

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Fully registered teacher mentor

Post by fchaudari76 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:44 am

When you say you want a mentor what exactly are you wanting? Do you want someone who you can shadow and learn from or just someone who can guide you via email etc?

abbycook

Post by abbycook » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:04 pm

I have checked the QCT website. They now refer to the mentor as a Reviewer. The Reviewer is to receive the evidence I have collected to demonstrate achievements against the standards. The Reviewer makes an assessment against these standards and then makes a recommendation. When completed I will submit an application to move from provisional to full registration. All this information can be found on the QCT website (unfortunately I do not have permission to post links). I believe it all can be done electronically, but will contact QCT to confirm this. I work for a large organisation, with many wonderful people to learn from, mentor and shadow. However, in regards to QCT I require a fully registered teacher.

Bellemc

Post by Bellemc » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi,
Did you end up finding a teacher to be your reviewer? I am in the same position at the moment.