OOSH specific info

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
missfixit

OOSH specific info

Post by missfixit » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:18 pm

It would be AWESOME to have a section for OOSH specific info... I love the forums but would love to connect with other OOSH centres for info trading and supporting one another..

Lorina

Re: OOSH specific info

Post by Lorina » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:12 pm

Hi missfixit,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

Thanks so much for your feedback!

I am interested to know more on how you feel we could improve it. I mean, do you think it will be helpful to have like a separate Forum for OOSH discussions or do you think it will be more helpful to have a feature more like a social network style in our community section? Before we released the new site, I was actually thinking if it will be helpful to have a separate Forum for FDC discussions, OOSH discussions, etc. but then again the current forum set-up also works in separating the discussions based on topics. We now have this new "Community" social network feature in our site that we can try too. So I am not sure what our users would feel would work the best. So how do you like to connect with other OOSH centres or educators?

Would love to hear your ideas so I can understand it from our users perspectives! You've asked a good question and I am interested to know more too...

Feel free to let me know,

:geek:,
Lorina

missfixit

Post by missfixit » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:09 pm

I don't see the point in setting up a whole new database and back end (yep.. I was in IT before I moved to OOSH) > :giggle:
when you have this wonderful community.

Not only that, I actually like to gather ideas from the EYLF community, particularly at this time of the year when transitioning the children successfully is so important to get them connecting to the new environment and routines. And given that some of them are so very young, I like to use ideas put up by the Early Childhood community.

I should also mention that there are times when I set up these more basic types of activities that are often very tactile, that even kids as old as 9 or 10 are still very keen to get involved.

e.g we made a water wall during the school holidays using old milk bottles, funnels and various other bits and pieces. all kids loved it!

I guess you could separate it somewhat into OOSH and then have other sub-categories below it such as NQF, Learning Outcomes, Documentation etc. Behaviour mangement is the big thing I would like to talk about. And how to document patterns in behaviour in a positive way.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:41 am

Hi Missfixit,

Thanks again for your input!

I was thinking more like a separate forum category on our main forum page here.

For now you should be able to start your discussions in one of our existing forums itself. For example in "Childcare Programming and Planning" forum, you can add your questions on the NQF, Learning Outcomes etc and in "Children's Behaviour" forum you can add your questions relating to behaviour management.

However, I do understand your point of have an OOSH specific forum. I'll go and review our current topics in all forums and I'll try and work out if it makes more sense to have a separate forum category for OOSH specific discussions and similarly FDC specific discussions.

You have given me something to think about and I'll post back here once I've figured something out...

In the mean time if you do have any more ideas let me know! :thumbup:

:geek:,
Lorina

missfixit

Post by missfixit » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:35 am

only other thing I have to add is a huge THANK YOU for creating such a great resource for meeting other childcare workers at a central point for Aussie related issues...

I love it! My boss loves it... and it helps us immensely!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:05 am

It's my pleasure to be able to create a supportive network for educators in different childhood settings! It's a way we can all collaborate and build relationships with one another! :thumbup: