Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
nicolecc

Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

Post by nicolecc » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm currently applying a new provider approval, and I'm asked to attend a two-hours information session followed by a one-hour assessment.

During the assessment I'm allowed to use 2 supporting documents, but I'm overwhelmed after I printed out the documents which add up to 361 pages.

Dose anyone has any experience of undertaking such assessment? Do I need to read through all the 2 documents before attending the assessment? Any tips for how to prepare the exam? I just got one week to prepare and I'm not confident that I can finish the reading... :sweating:

Peggy1

Re: Assessment for provider approval and HELP!

Post by Peggy1 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:52 pm

Hi,

Just saw your post as I was searching for the same answer to your questions. Was wondering how you went in the assessment and whether we really need to read all the docs or it’s a walk in the park?

nicolecc

Post by nicolecc » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:44 pm

It was not that simple, actually I think you need to read through operational requirements.
The test was about 2 scenarios, you need to make a few multiple choices and answer some question in the respect of what laws/policies were breached in the scenario, and how policies would be applied to assist you in that scenario.

To be specific, the 2 scenarios were 1). inappropriate discipline/complaint and 2). incident/collection of children.
Have you attend the test? Could you share your scenario?

supervisor101

Post by supervisor101 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:54 pm

Hi

Has anyone recently attended the session and assessment? Could someone give a bit more insight into the kind of questions will be asked.

many thanks

emilywakim

Re: Assessment CHCECE020-21

Post by emilywakim » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:32 pm

Observing a child and identifying the environmental factors that directly influence children's behaviour over a 5 day period.

2 running records
3 frequency counts
2 anecdotal records
3 ABC narratives

rachael725

Post by rachael725 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:35 am

Hi

Has anyone recently attended the assessment? Could someone share the scenario questions?

There are far too many pages to read/print out the regulations and the act. Please HELP!

Many thanks!

rachael725

Post by rachael725 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:44 am

I eventually printed out all the pages of the law and regulation. But don't think it's necessary. Only need the operational guidance.

I had two scenario questions - one is about inappropriate discipline and the other is about children protection. There are a lot of laws/regulations involved for each scenario questions and you're required to list at least 5 of them.

Rahmzy

Post by Rahmzy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am

I'm about to go for my assessment and im stressed out already! How did you? @rachael725

imrankkazi

Post by imrankkazi » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:16 am

Is anyone aware of multiple choice questions asked in provider approval assessment?Do I only need to refer operational requirements in ACECQA guide.I would really appreciate your help

unicofdc

Post by unicofdc » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:58 am

Take your regulations and law books, you really need to be confident in recognising which law is being contravened in the scenario,
The department has created several different versions of the test so everyone in the room will have a different scenario and different multiple-choice questions. The test is created to make sure the right people are governing services.
you can mark your books in any way to help you during the exam, If you study well, you may find you will not need the books at all, I only used the books once, I memorised everything else and got 100 %, it is really not that hard.
There are some childcare consultants that do preparation sessions, it will help.

Ashjot

Post by Ashjot » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:05 pm

Hi Unicofdc,

Just a few questions:
1) Were the questions focused on operational areas only or is there a need to learn other areas too.
2) Was there any reference to the quality areas?
3) What scenarios did you get and are the multiple choice questions part of the scenario questions?

Thanks

Rahmzy

Post by Rahmzy » Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:26 am

Hi Ashjot, I know the questions are aimed at unicofdc but I've recently done the assessment and i had similar questions when I was preparing for mine. So I know it can be a bit daunting and scary but don't be, I agree with unicofdc it is not that hard. The questions you get are random but its always a good idea to learn the whole material.

1. Yes, about 90% were from operational requirements. Also, learn your definitions I can't stress that enough.

2. Not for me but it could be.

3. A) Too long to list but it was two scenario based questions, these took most of my time. Start with them.
B) NO, as multiple choice are in their own section. you should breeze through if you know your material well.

Good luck!

Ashjot

Post by Ashjot » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Hi Rahmzy,

Thanks for responding, I actually did the assessment yesterday but have just read your response now. One thing is for sure that time needs to be managed well. I kind of had to hurry things towards the last 10 mins which made me answer the second scenario in a hurried way, didn't complete the last question as time ran out. I know the material well but am bit worried as I haven't completed everything and bits and pieces have been left here and there. The multiple choice questions were quite easy but when it came to answer the scenarios was unsure of how much depth is required. Have you received your results yet?

Rahmzy

Post by Rahmzy » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:38 pm

Oh that's awesome then, i hope you pass!

No, i'm still waiting for my results but they did ask if they could take more time to mark it. Lets hope for the best! :thumbup:

Abdelmalekn

Post by Abdelmalekn » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:52 pm

unicofdc wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:58 am
Take your regulations and law books, you really need to be confident in recognising which law is being contravened in the scenario,
The department has created several different versions of the test so everyone in the room will have a different scenario and different multiple-choice questions. The test is created to make sure the right people are governing services.
you can mark your books in any way to help you during the exam, If you study well, you may find you will not need the books at all, I only used the books once, I memorised everything else and got 100 %, it is really not that hard.
There are some childcare consultants that do preparation sessions, it will help.

Hi
Can anyone tell me childcare consultants names? Thanks

APSK

Post by APSK » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi Uniofdc ,

Would you please help advising the name of tranier for assesement in perth

veenus45
Participator
Participator

Post by veenus45 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:24 pm

Hi,
has anyone recently gone for assessment for approved provider of family day care.
I have a question related to written response for-applicant questionnaire. What kind of questions they can ask.and response is it in essay writing. any word limitation.
Would appropriate help and any clues.

veenus45
Participator
Participator

Post by veenus45 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:32 pm

can any one please help if there is any agency who helps in preparing for family day care provider interview

veenus45
Participator
Participator

Post by veenus45 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:36 pm

what type of questions are covered in an applicant questionnaire please anyone can suggest

Adeba

Post by Adeba » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:09 pm

Hi Veenus45, what state are from? when will you be sitting for your test?