Diploma - Inspire Education or Australian College of Teachers Aides which is best

General discussions on Diploma or Advanced Diploma of Children's Services.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Children Services. Please refer to Diploma Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
grtz

Diploma - Inspire Education or Australian College of Teachers Aides which is best

Post by grtz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:46 am

Hi all,

I am just wondering which institue will be best to do Diploma in online mode. I completed my Cert III through TAFE this feb. So i will be getting some units exemption.

I am thinking between two institutes - ACTAC - The Australian College of Teachers Aides and childcare and Inspire education. Couldnt see much about ACTAC in reviews. But seen a lot of bad reviews about Inspire education. so I couldnt decide.

Is anyone doing their diploma in any of these two.? if so please give me your valuable comments. i am going to decide only based on your opinions. So please help me

thanks

TaniaL

Re: Diploma - Inspire Education or Australian College of Teachers Aides which is best

Post by TaniaL » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:33 pm

I am currently studying using ACTAC, doing the units online. I am not particularly happy with them for several reasons:
-all the course content is accessed via the portal, and each page is uploaded as a picture. you cannot copy or paste any of the info to make notes.
-the coursework on the portal does not have an index. no way to quickly click a link to a relevant section. Have to try to remember it is in section 3 page 28 etc. annoying
-questions are sometimes repetitive
-assessments are sometimes not well written (direction you need to take is unclear). As a qualified teacher this frustrates me the most. however i have a suspicion they are all pretty much the same.
-you need to do the online questions, then a student workbook (with somewhat similar questions) then check the third party observations booklet and record times when you practiced the points, or sometimes even do more questions. Repetitive/not streamline.
-tutors can sometimes tae a long time to mark work. not much of an issue for me because im doing it slowly but may bother some.

Have not used inspire or TAFE so i'm really not sure if these are shared issues or not.

grtz

Re: Diploma - Inspire Education or Australian College of Teachers Aides which is best

Post by grtz » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:50 pm

thank you so much for your valuable opinion. I will do some more research before enrolling . Thanks a lot again.

doublell71888

Post by doublell71888 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:49 pm

Did you wind up enrolling in ACTAC or Inspire? I am looking at these two options and am not sure which one is best for me. I already have a Certificate III but cannot use it to fast track my process. I am looking to finish the course as soon as possible, hopefully within a year. Any tips?

slack

Post by slack » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi All,

How are you going with ACTAC ? How is your experience so far with them ?

I am considering starting my diploma with ACTAC and your recommendations here will be very valuable to me before taking the decision.

Thanks.

slack

Post by slack » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 pm

Hi All,

I am considering starting my diploma with ACTAC and your recommendations here will be very valuable to me before taking the decision.

Thanks.

slack

Post by slack » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:31 am

Hi All,

Thanks.

kc.levis

Post by kc.levis » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:30 am

Hi Slack,

I am currently almost completed with my Diploma of Childcare at ACTAC. The new course manager is great. She marks the units within a week and I get valuable feedback and help; the previous trainers for this course took a longer time to mark :).

You should definitely sign up for the course. I am very familiar with navigating online so I liked how the ACTAC student portal functions. I often open multiple tabs and use two screens to do the work. It has a progress bar that helps me monitor and know how much work I have left. You will have to be well prepared to do loads of typing.

It requires up to 8000 words per unit. Good luck!