HLTHIR404B-Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders In Brisbane, QLD

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
tinkataylor
Participator
Participator

HLTHIR404B-Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders In Brisbane, QLD

Post by tinkataylor » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: HLTHIR404B Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Straight Islander People
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? Yes
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
Hi Guys,

This is my first post on ACN.com so please be gracious if i make any mistakes :)
I was just wondering if anyone had any sources or references or statistics to Aboriginals and/or Torres Straight Islander people within queensland, particularly Brisbane. i have to include a range of topics like culture, art and religion, language, law, population, employment, living conditions, etc.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I had a look at Indigenous Australians on Wikipedia however that is mostly nation-wide statistics, id like something more specific and (preferably) reliable.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: HLTHIR404B Work effectively with Aboriginals in BRISBANE, QLD

Post by Lorina » Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Hi There,

You're doing very well for your first post! :giggle:

I found the following information on statistics on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders in Queensland:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf ... enDocument

http://www.humanrights.gov.au/social_ju ... index.html

I'm also attaching a document on Supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Families. There is a lot of information on culture, language, beliefs etc.

[attachment=0]Supporting_Aboriginal_Families.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tinkataylor
Participator
Participator

Re: HLTHIR404B-Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders In Brisbane, QLD

Post by tinkataylor » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks heaps! the supporting families doc really helped with some of the other questions in my assignment too :)

Really appreciated this and I will be coming back here for my other assignments. I've really appreciated your articles on programming and explaining the EYLF, definitely going to apply this in my room.

Thanks again,
tay

Lorina

Re: HLTHIR404B-Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders In Brisbane, QLD

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:14 pm

Hi Tay,

Thank you for your kind comments!

I am very happy to hear that I'm able to help you in some way and that my articles are useful to you! :D

:geek:,
L.A