CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Shannon_14

CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically

Post by Shannon_14 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi,

Can someone help me with this question? i have already discussed the ECA code of ethics and need another process and source to cite.

4. Explain the process you would follow to make an ethical decision. Identify and cite 2 sources relevant to your work role that would guide you in making responsible ethical decisions in your work role.

Thanks
Shannon

tamil

Re: CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically

Post by tamil » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:21 pm

Explain why it is unethical conduct for Prue to hold Keith tightly and leave a bruise. (Refer to case study 1)

Aline, a new worker, notices Prue, an experienced educator, is very abrupt with the children, and when one particular child, Keith, continues misbehaving, she grabs him roughly by the arm and makes him sit next to her, holding his arm firmly down with hers so he cannot move. Later, Aline notices that Keith has a bruise on his arm where Prue had held him.

As Aline assists the children in the bathroom, she notices Prue standing in the middle of a table trying to hang up some artwork. Some of the children are also standing on chairs as she is doing this, and Keith falls off his chair and bites his lip as he lands on the ground. He begins to cry as blood starts to pour from his mouth. Prue, who is still standing on the table, says angrily, ‘I’ve told you to be careful standing on the chairs, now look what you have done to yourself!’

hi lorina,

im stuck with this question. pls guide me tq.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:23 pm

tamil wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:21 pm
Explain why it is unethical conduct for Prue to hold Keith tightly and leave a bruise. (Refer to case study 1)

Aline, a new worker, notices Prue, an experienced educator, is very abrupt with the children, and when one particular child, Keith, continues misbehaving, she grabs him roughly by the arm and makes him sit next to her, holding his arm firmly down with hers so he cannot move. Later, Aline notices that Keith has a bruise on his arm where Prue had held him.

As Aline assists the children in the bathroom, she notices Prue standing in the middle of a table trying to hang up some artwork. Some of the children are also standing on chairs as she is doing this, and Keith falls off his chair and bites his lip as he lands on the ground. He begins to cry as blood starts to pour from his mouth. Prue, who is still standing on the table, says angrily, ‘I’ve told you to be careful standing on the chairs, now look what you have done to yourself!’

hi lorina,

im stuck with this question. pls guide me tq.

Hi!

I have read your question and I'm more than happy to offer you support! I am currently out of the office at the moment and won't be back until this evening. I will reply to your post as soon as I get back.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

:geek:,
Lorina

tamil

Post by tamil » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:01 pm

thank you.. im doing diploma via online.. its very hard for me. coz not much guidance.. will be very useful if can get more info from u. tq

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Holding him too tightly and causing a bruise is physical abuse... she is physically hurting him while holding the child too tightly...she is being unsafe...

Lorina

tamil

Post by tamil » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:00 pm

hi lorina.

thanks a lot for your help. its help me alot..

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:07 pm

You're welcome!

Lorina

Ellajulia11

Post by Ellajulia11 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:19 pm

Explain the relationships between human needs and human rights.

List at least two human right policies, frameworks one approachss used in the workplaces in The children’s service industry

What’s re two benefits of being familiar with a workers legal rights and responsibilities

List two specific legal issues that may be encounted as part of your work in children’s services

Explain how to respond to a legal issue encountered when working in children’s services.

Provide an example and explain how a practitioner and client boundary may be breached

simran shripal

Post by simran shripal » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:30 am

Hi, Loria
I got unsatisfactory in some questions of Legal. would you please support my answer.
Questions:
1> Why is it important that the information on a record of harm/abuse is free of judgement?
Ans: Because it is all about the safety and protection of a children. it will also provide the protection against harm and provide services and to support the families.

2> Research the mandatory reporting requirements affecting employees in ECEC services.
List the ECEC professionals who are mandated to report.
Ans: Doctors, Nurses, police officers with child protection responsibilities.

3> What are these professionals mandated to report?
Ans: child protection and safety.

I have to resummit this 3 questions so please direct me to the right way.
Thank you.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:25 am

1. You should only report the facts since you do not know the entire story. What you have seen, what has been said to you etc. should be used... adding your own judgements could be misconstrued and taken out of context.

2. Mandatory Reporting

3. You'll find the information in the above link as well...

Lorina

SIRAT

Post by SIRAT » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:23 am

During consultation about health and safety, a group of employees identify a number of issues that have not previously been taken into consideration. These issues are of concern to the employees and should, they believe, be acted upon. What should management do to handle such the issues and how should they provide feedback to the employees about their contribution?

Can anyone help me wuth this