CHCCHILD401A - Information In Relation To A Notification

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
raratsak

CHCCHILD401A - Information In Relation To A Notification

Post by raratsak » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:33 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCHILD401A - Assessment 3 Task 2 : Child protection - Reporting, Service policy and procedures.
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
E. How is information in relation to a notification recorded?

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
"Notifications must be documented using the mandatory notification record, which must be completed in collaboration with the service director/coordinator who has the responsibility to sign and store the completed record."

Description and Message:
I've pretty much done the rest of this task, just stuck on this one question. With the other questions a copy of a centres child protection policy was required (not sure if it is needed for this question) but I do not have access to one and don't really understand what this question means.
Helllllllllllppppp?
Last edited by Lorina on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCCHILD401A Assessment 3 task 2

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:25 am

I think you're on the right track with your response. From what I understand from this question it's basically asking how information will be recorded during a notification and what you have responded is correct from what I believe. Just for your reference, I'm adding a list of questions that could be asked during the notification:
Details – the child’s or young person’s name, age and address
Indicators of harm – the reason for believing that the injury or behaviour is the result of abuse or neglect
Reason for reporting – the reason why the call is being made now
Safety assessment – assessment of immediate danger to the child or children. For example, information may be sought on the whereabouts of the alleged abuser or abusers
Description – description of the injury or behaviour observed
Child’s whereabouts – the current whereabouts of the child or young person
Other services – your knowledge of other services involved with the family
Family information – any other information about the family
Cultural characteristics – any specific cultural or other details which will help to care for the child – for example, cultural origins, interpreter or disability needs.

Ref: www.betterhealth.gov.au

If you don't have a copy of a child protection policy just google it. You will be able to find plenty on the net from other centres. You check it out to gain a better understanding on what details are included in a childcare protection policy.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A