CSCIC511A - Scenario: Inclusion For Child With No English

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
kalpa

CSCIC511A - Scenario: Inclusion For Child With No English

Post by kalpa » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:51 am

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CSIC511A IMPLEMENT AND PROMOTE INCLUSIVE POLICIES AND PRACTICES
Your Assignment Type: Case Scenario
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
A year old child has arrived at your centre with his mother and a friend who is acting as her interpreter. They arrived in Australia four weeks ago. Through the friend his mother indicated she would require full time care as she was commencing work next week and wanted to know if your centre could take him. Both mother and her friend were very distressed as they had just been another child care centre and they could only take the child 3 half days per week as he did not speak any English. The friend as what the policy at your centre was for taking children who cannot speak English.
The centre coordinator has asked you to explain the centre's 's philosophy and policy of inclusion to them and requested you work with the parent to develop a plan for the child's orientation and integration into the group and how you will support the child and family in a culturally appropriate way.

Describe how you will deal with this situation making reference to any relevant children services policies and create a plan for the child's inclusion in your group from orientation to full time care and how you will support his home language. Include strategies to evaluate and monitor the plan and any community resources you could utilize to support the child and family.

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
I might explain the details to the mother through her friend. (Get her as interpreter). During the days the child starts to come in our childcare I will include language support worker or another staff member who can speak bilingual language.

Strategies:
Include resources to activities. For example , if child is coming from Chinese background include resources such as bowls, chopsticks in home corner activities.
Ask key words from parent in their language and note.

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CSCIC511A - Scenario: Inclusion For Child With No English

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:00 am

Here is an inclusion support policy where you may get more ideas from:

Inclusion Support Policy Sample

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A

kalpa

Post by kalpa » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Thanks for your support

gateway

Post by gateway » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:48 pm

hello having difficulties with this question relating to social inclusion what is multiple disadvantages mean?
I think it refers to the poor the uneducated the people with different cultures etc am i on the right track thanks

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:04 am

gateway wrote:hello having difficulties with this question relating to social inclusion what is multiple disadvantages mean?
I think it refers to the poor the uneducated the people with different cultures etc am i on the right track thanks

See if the following helps:

Social Inclusion & Multiple Disadvantages

:geek:,
Lorina