HLTHIR403B - Reporting Racial Discrimination

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
koz-moz

HLTHIR403B - Reporting Racial Discrimination

Post by koz-moz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:30 am

hi, im a newbe to the site.
I have submitted my first assignment 'HLTHIR403B
WORK EFFECTIVELY WITH CULTURALLY DIVERSE CLIENTS AND CO-WORKERS' twice and one question needs a change.
I have provided answers I feel are right but keep coming back wrong! Im just about ready to throw it all in!!!
Who do I report staff related racial discrimination too, and why?????
Naturally I have said I would report it to the Group leader and Director but apparently this is wrong!!!
Do I say nothing????
Do I confront the issue head-on????
Do I report this to the Human rights Commission????

This is all i have left!!!
Any help would be awesome

Jas
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Miss Kerry
Participator
Participator

Re: HLTHIR403B Who do I report staff related racial discrimination too, and why?????

Post by Miss Kerry » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:06 am

Don;t give up Jas! Who are you studying through? Your trainer should be able to assist and guide you where you need help.

Your reply seems right as at centre level usually you would let the centre director know then they would have a meeting with whoever is creating the problem, if it were to be a child or children you would include ideas in the program to work towards understand and respecting diversity.

If it was however someone applying for a position and them understanding that they didn't get the job due to their race then I think the human rights commission would be the right way to go.

Would love to hear others ideas on this issue.

In the meantime Jas is it possible to ring your trainer and ask them to explain what is required a little better?

koz-moz

Re: HLTHIR403B Who do I report staff related racial discrimination too, and why?????

Post by koz-moz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:26 am

thanx miss kerry, i cant really contact her by phoning, finance issues, im a single parent not working.
they,ve proven they are not much help via message either. thanx anyway