Childcare Award Wages: Classification Levels Explained

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
alex.i45

Re: Childcare Award Wages: Classification Levels Explained

Post by alex.i45 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:28 pm

I’ve already sent through the transcript and my director passed it onto the pay people and they said I can’t be considered a certificate 3 educator because I haven’t completed all 18 units

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:18 pm

How long have you worked in childcare for?

Because you may be eligible for a higher level instead of level 1 - you could be on level 2 - check out the following:

Levels For Childcare Wages

:geek:,
Lorina

stephbaker

Post by stephbaker » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:54 am

very useful stuff thanks!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:55 pm

stephbaker wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:54 am
very useful stuff thanks!
You're welcome!

Lorina

alex.i45

Post by alex.i45 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:29 pm

Spoke to the director and she won't budge. Not much I really can do then.

Butterflyblue
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Butterflyblue » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:24 pm

You can contact the fair work commission or a union if you believe you are entitled to higher pay as per your qualifications, experience, current studies and the Children’s Services Award.

sasha r

Post by sasha r » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:15 pm

Hi Lorina, could you please answer my question.
I completed Certificate 3 in early childhood, worked for 3 years at the same centre, even got promoted to the position of Room leader as I believe I was doing a pretty good job. Then I completed My Diploma during my maternity leave, now I am about to start looking for a new job in a new centre, but part time of course as my baby is still young. What level am I? 3.4? What pay shall I consider being level 3.4 and having 3,5 years of experience? in the article it says that a full time employee of 3.4 level will get 25.56 per hour, what about part time employees? is the rate the same for part time employees? ( I could not find it in the article)
I appreciate your help a lot.
thank you
Sasha

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:02 pm

sasha r wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:15 pm
Hi Lorina, could you please answer my question.
I completed Certificate 3 in early childhood, worked for 3 years at the same centre, even got promoted to the position of Room leader as I believe I was doing a pretty good job. Then I completed My Diploma during my maternity leave, now I am about to start looking for a new job in a new centre, but part time of course as my baby is still young. What level am I? 3.4? What pay shall I consider being level 3.4 and having 3,5 years of experience? in the article it says that a full time employee of 3.4 level will get 25.56 per hour, what about part time employees? is the rate the same for part time employees? ( I could not find it in the article)
I appreciate your help a lot.
thank you
Sasha

Hi Sasha,

With your Diploma Qualification if you are working as an Assistant you will be on Level 3.4. That's the highest level you can go for a Diploma Qualified Assistant. If you get a job as a Room Leader, you will start at Level 4.1. The full-time pay rates in the article are the same for both full time/part-time.

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Mpike

Post by Mpike » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi Lorina,

Hoping you can help me!!! I am currently working towards my Diploma. I do NOT have my Cert 3. I have completed 16 units at the moment. I am currently employed permanently (part time) as ISS and also some hours as ratio. I am wondering what level pay rate I should be on? I am also wondering if you can point me in the direction of where the levels are explained? I know you jave the details here, but where are you getting those details from?? Thanks heaps!!!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Hi!

All the Childcare Wages and Levels that are available on this site, is directly taken from the Children's Services Award 2010.

In regards to your pay rate, if you are included as per ratio requirements then you could be on Level 3A. It should mention your current level on your payslip.

The Diploma qualification has the Cert 3 units embedded into it, so even if you don't complete your Diploma qualification, once you complete the Cert 3 units, you will be a Cert 3 Qualified Educator and be paid as such. You can obtain a transcript from your course provider once you complete the Cert 3 units, which then can be given to your employer so you pay can be adjusted.

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Mpike

Post by Mpike » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Can you please tell me what the Cert 3 units are of the Diploma, so I know when I have completed them?? Thanks!!!

Michelle

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:23 pm

You will have to confirm with your training provider... they will need to provide you with a transcript of the completed units so you can use that as proof at work that you had completed your Cert 3 units and be paid as a Cert 3 Qualified Educator.

Lorina