Paid traineeships for international worker

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Windaluh04

Paid traineeships for international worker

Post by Windaluh04 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi,
I'm winda from Indonesia and I just earned my master degree majoring Early Childhood education from Monash University. Sadly I'm not eligible to teach young children with this master degree certificate.
I really interested in doing traineeship to get certificate III and I would like to apply for a work visa if it is possible.
What I want to know is do you think the salary is enough to cover my expenses while I'm in Australia? Several reviews in seek indicated some employee didn't get their pay/getting pay late. Can you give me a suggestion some legit centre that I can apply?

Lorina

Re: Paid traineeships for international worker

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi Winda,

May I ask why you are not eligible? Did you get your qualification assessed by ACECQA?

:geek:,
Lorina

Windaluh04

Post by Windaluh04 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:43 pm

hi Lorina,
Thank you for your reply. No, the course does not provide recognised initial teaching qualifications. I have to take a master of teaching instead to become eligible for a teaching qualification. I really want to have some experiences in the childcare centre/classroom. Do you think I can get the certificate iii through traineeship?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:00 pm

I would recommend that you complete a Diploma Qualification, this has the Cert 3 units also. You can do a diploma traineeship... once you finish a Diploma Qualification you can be a Room Leader or even a Diploma Assistant which pays more than a Cert 3 Qualified Educator.

You can apply online through a job agency such as career one or seek etc. Or you can go through a childcare job agency.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

:geek:,
Lorina

Windaluh04

Post by Windaluh04 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:55 pm

Hi, Lorina thank you for your answer,
I would like to ask you one more thing. Does this traineeship feasible to the International worker? I've finished my study so my student visa has been expired. What kind of visa that allows me to do this program?

Thank you for your assistance