Paid traineeships for international worker

Questions on starting a Cert 3 or Diploma traineeship, duties during a traineeship, traineeship working conditions etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Windaluh04

Paid traineeships for international worker

Post by Windaluh04 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi,
I'm winda from Indonesia and I just earned my master degree majoring Early Childhood education from Monash University. Sadly I'm not eligible to teach young children with this master degree certificate.
I really interested in doing traineeship to get certificate III and I would like to apply for a work visa if it is possible.
What I want to know is do you think the salary is enough to cover my expenses while I'm in Australia? Several reviews in seek indicated some employee didn't get their pay/getting pay late. Can you give me a suggestion some legit centre that I can apply?

Lorina

Re: Paid traineeships for international worker

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi Winda,

May I ask why you are not eligible? Did you get your qualification assessed by ACECQA?

:geek:,
Lorina

Windaluh04

Post by Windaluh04 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:43 pm

hi Lorina,
Thank you for your reply. No, the course does not provide recognised initial teaching qualifications. I have to take a master of teaching instead to become eligible for a teaching qualification. I really want to have some experiences in the childcare centre/classroom. Do you think I can get the certificate iii through traineeship?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:00 pm

I would recommend that you complete a Diploma Qualification, this has the Cert 3 units also. You can do a diploma traineeship... once you finish a Diploma Qualification you can be a Room Leader or even a Diploma Assistant which pays more than a Cert 3 Qualified Educator.

You can apply online through a job agency such as career one or seek etc. Or you can go through a childcare job agency.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

:geek:,
Lorina