PDF file opening in iPad

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
OSHC Kath
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

PDF file opening in iPad

Post by OSHC Kath » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:23 pm

Hi
Just want to know how to edit reflection form on PDF file. I downloaded acrobat reader (free) but when I open the file, it says "This form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for Mac or Windows". Does it mean this PDF file cannot be edited on iPad?
Thank you
Walailuck

Lorina

Re: PDF file opening in iPad

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:18 am

Unfortunately, the pdf functionality doesn't work on tablets and mobile devices. Its because these devices have restrictions which don't allow javascript to be executed on the pdf forms. These pdf templates use javascripts to give the functionality it has. The laptops and desktops don't have these restrictions and that's why the pdf functionality only works on laptops and desktops. Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do with that.

Therefore as an alternative option for this limitation from iPads or other tablets, I have now started created the Word version of some of our templates. So if you have the Word App installed on iPad, you should be able to open and edit the Word Version of our templates. Of course, the form functionality will differ from Word and pdfs but still the option is there if you want. Further to that, you can customise the Word templates further to suit your needs too if you want.

Here is a link with more info on how to download the Word version from iPads:
http://aussiechildcarenetwork.com.au/ne ... -templates

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: PDF file opening in iPad

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:20 am

Feel free to let me know if you have more questions...

:geek:,
Lorina