3 year old pre kindy in school system

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Rosie123
Participator
Participator

3 year old pre kindy in school system

Post by Rosie123 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi,

The public schools will be moving their grade 7s into high school in about 4 years time. So no Grade 7 at primary school anymore. I also know some public schools will be starting 3 year old pre kindys in the public primary schools. So what I am wondering is can a 3 year Bachelor Degree trained teacher be allowed to work in the pre kindy or even kindergarten class with the above qualifications. Anyone got any ideas.

rosie

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: 3 year old pre kindy in school system

Post by cathiek » Thu May 31, 2012 7:06 pm

HI rosie
I am a Kindy teacher in WA (attached to a school) and my understanding is you need to have a 4 year Early Childhood teaching degree to teach Kindy or Pre-Kindy. this is under the new NQS. I understand there is a phasing in time and as long as a teacher has started upgrading their quals to EC that is ok. Probably ACECQA would be a good webiste to visit to give you the most up to date info.
CAthie

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: 3 year old pre kindy in school system

Post by LindyT » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 am

Makes you wonder at what age they will stop? One day will there be babies in the public school system and what happens to us home/centre based EC Educators?