Gotta love the kids

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Laiorwyn
Participator
Participator

Gotta love the kids

Post by Laiorwyn » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:16 pm

Who else has a particular child in their care that just makes all your problems just seem to go away? I have had serious health problems recently, and started back at work today. This particular child (14 months) made my day. She was all hugs and games. After rest time, she wanted to just cuddle on my shoulder. I was reminded again (she does it to me regularly) today just how awesome it can be to work with children.

Lorina

Re: Gotta love the kids

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:22 pm

I totally get what you're saying... Working with the toddlers has probably been the most challenging yet rewarding experience for me. I use to prefer to work with preschoolers but a few years ago I decided to break out of that habit and give the toddlers a go. Can I just say that they are the most amazing age to work with. Even though you get into a routine each day the children really make it something special. Giving you hug and kisses, telling you they "love you", being so affectionate towards you. Each and every day, the children really make you forget your problems and make you laugh... Now having my own daughter who just turned 2, it's an absolute ball! Whatever happens, she is there to brighten up my day and I'm so thankful to have had the experience of working in this industry to help me become the mother I am today... Yes, you're right as you say "Gotta Love The Kids"! :inlove:

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:47 am

I am on holidays and get a text from one of my families. The children call me Nanny and my husband Papa. The text goes like this
Miss 3......can i go to Nannies today Mum
Mum......no sweetie Nanny is still on holidays
Miss 3.....thats fine about that but Papa will love to take care of me :lol:

Miss 3 arrived Monday and every 15minutes she tells me "I love you so much Nanny'

How sweet it makes your heart melt, they make you feel guilty for taking time off, they don't realise its a job to them you are an extension of their family.

Linsaa fdc :wave:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:10 am

My daughter is 4 now!!!

She was looking at my hand and said "your skin is white, appa's (dad) skin is brown and my skin is in between white and brown, that's why we are a family. God made my skin in between white and brown so we can all belong together and I'm part of the family".

This brought on a whole topic of discussion of skin colour, where people are from, similarities and differences. Since we have travelled quite a fair bit she was able to relate our discussion to experiences she has had in the past. Kids are pure and so innocent, you would never want them to grow out of it!

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:15 am

4 years old already boy how time flies :)