Oral presentation on Play

Forum for students doing their Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Rosie123
Participator
Participator

Oral presentation on Play

Post by Rosie123 » Mon May 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi I need to do a presentation on Learning through play. There are 3 in our group and I need to present to parents how I can encourage them to learn through play with their children at home.
I have got some ideas eg. activites at home with every day items. etc. Do you have any ideas about making it interesting or more hands on???

Thanks

Rosie123

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Re: Oral presentation on Play

Post by cathiek » Tue May 08, 2012 7:26 pm

HI Rosie - Maybe use a power point display showing kids doing the things you are talking about to be shown in the background. This will help the parents 'see' the children learning through play.
What about getting the parents involved in making goop or something that is quick and easy but fun & entertaining?
Or get them to brainstorm eg: what does a child learn from playdough play? See if they can help you list all the different types of learning going on during this activity (or sandpit play/dramatic play etc)
Just some ideas - hope they help.
Cathie