NESA

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
malena72

NESA

Post by malena72 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:41 am

Hi there,

I finished Cert. III in Education Support trough TAFE and I am looking for work. My inquire is about Accreditation to work in schools. How does it work exactly if you hold a Cert. III. Is NESA only for people with Uni Degrees?

Thanks

Maria

Lorina

Re: NESA

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi Maria,

Since you have completed your Cert 3 qualification, you can start looking for jobs. You can use different job sites such as seek, indeed, career one etc. and apply for any position that fits your requirements.

As far as Accreditation to work in schools, as long as you have the following, then I think you should be good to go:

current Working With Children Check - Employee
current National Police Record Check
First Aid qualifications

As far as NESA, I'm not sure, you will have to contact them to find out exactly.

:geek:,
Lorina

wimble
Participator
Participator

Re: NESA

Post by wimble » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:08 am

Hi Maria,

NESA is only for registration as a qualified teacher, this includes ECT, primary or secondary. As a certIII educator you do not need any kind of registration (aside from wwcc as Lorina mentioned.)