CHCECE007 help on what my trainer wants!!!

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
TenilleJ

CHCECE007 help on what my trainer wants!!!

Post by TenilleJ » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:53 pm

Hi All,

So I submitted my unit and my trainer has asked me to look at the last questions again. I really dont know what she is meaning.....

The following task are to be completed with one or more of the three children you are working with for this project. When you have completed the task, describe what you did and how you did this.

A) Participate in a sustained conversation with a child about something that interested him/her.

I noticed K..... always bought a car to daycare or always had one in his hand. I asked him if he likes cars? He told me he loved them with a big smile.
I then went on and asked him to go me some other cars. He bought back a few more and i asked him questions about them. What is your favourite car? And why?
He said it was the red one because it was like lightning maQueen
I asked him if he liked lightning maQueen? He said yes and he likes mamas the tow truck. He went on to tell me he saw Cars 3 at the movies.

This is just one question and answer. She said I want you to go over the last part and write down the development of the children in your observation. Also remember if they say something, write it down using “ “. You really need to identify the observation.

Then said I want you to look how you wrote these and include what the children did who you have permission for developmentally.

Please help. There is more Q that i answered also

Lorina

Re: CHCECE007 help on what my trainer wants!!!

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:56 pm

Ok, so it sounds like you need to link it to language development since you are both having a conversation between you and the child.

You can also add a link to the EYLF (Outcome 5):

How Child Achieve Outcomes

:geek:,
Lorina

TenilleJ

Re: CHCECE007 help on what my trainer wants!!!

Post by TenilleJ » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:00 pm

So have I wrote it right? I just need to add/ link the development? Sorry prob a silly question but I’m only doing every second Friday at the daycare and mostly study from home. So I’m not sure if its written correctly.

Another was....

Q. Participate in a play experience a child was involved in. Use their cues to guide your levels and type of involvement.

A. Today we made play dough
The children all had a go at measuring an ingredient and putting it in the bowl, i had to assist with measuring but they did the rest themselves.
Then the children all got a mix, i held the bowl so they could mix it. Once they all had a few turns I had to finish off the mixing as it was hard to bind together.

Once it was all mixed i gave it to M.... to decide up in to 4. She did the herself. I then asked what they would like to add to their play dough? M.... asked for glitter and J... asked for feathers. I went to get these from the craft cop could and placed then in the middle of the table. The children got them themselves ans shared it around. I just had to take the Iid off the glitter.

When it was time to clean up the children helped pack away. In the end the children did most of it themselves i just had to help with a few things