CHCPRT001 - Child Protection Policy Meeting Legal and Ethical Requirements

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nishfat
Participator
Participator

CHCPRT001 - Child Protection Policy Meeting Legal and Ethical Requirements

Post by Nishfat » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:03 pm

HI guys ,

I am facing problem about this question "Access a child protection policy from a service.Do you think this policy meets legal and ethical requirements in the state from which it is based ?? why or why not ???

I am bit confused about this answere... Plz help me .....

Lorina

Re: CHCPRT001 - Child Protection Policy Meeting Legal and Ethical Requirements

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:19 pm

OK, so first you need to get a child protection policy from a centre... If you are currently working or doing placement you should ask your centre for a copy. Then you need to research the child protection laws from your state. Compare the centre's policy to that of the state laws and see if it meets the requirements...

:geek:,
Lorina

Nishfat
Participator
Participator

Post by Nishfat » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:33 pm

Thank you Lorina .It is a great help for me .But i am not working any center.This is the main problem.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:45 pm

That's fine, you should be able to find the policy online... just search "child protection policy childcare"...

Lorina

Ali00YP

Post by Ali00YP » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi also find this question "odd" I am studying cert IV in education support, I would assume that all policies in place at a public school must meet ethical and legal requirements as they are legal documents and shouldn't be in place if they don't meet requirements???
confused
thanks

Ali00YP

Post by Ali00YP » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:43 pm

Hi
I too had this question, I'm studying cert IV education support. I would think that if child protection policy is already in place in a public school that it would have to meet legal and ethical requirements as it is a legal document and government policy. Surely it could not be in place if it didn't comply with that states legal and ethical requirements? I am very confused how to answer that question too.
thanks in advance

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:03 pm

Yes, it would probably most definitely meet requirements I would assume that they just want you to find a childcare protection policy and compare it to the legal requirements...

Lorina

jessb2899

Post by jessb2899 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:29 pm

I know this might be to late but this is a child protection policy I was given for my assessment
Hope this helps!

file:///C:/Users/Jess%20Brown/Downloads/Child%20%20Protection%20%20Policy%20(3).pdf

Nehab

Post by Nehab » Fri May 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Nishfat wrote:HI guys ,

I am facing problem about this question "Access a child protection policy from a service.Do you think this policy meets legal and ethical requirements in the state from which it is based ?? why or why not ???

I am bit confused about this answere... Plz help me .....

hi did u get answer of this question. i am stuck on same. can u help me

Nehab

Post by Nehab » Fri May 12, 2017 2:03 pm

hi did u get answer of this question. i am stuck on same. can u help me

Nishfat
Participator
Participator

Post by Nishfat » Sat May 13, 2017 10:16 am

sorry i don't understand which events u r talking about . is that event 1 or event 2 . yes i already submitted my assessment

Nehab

Post by Nehab » Sat May 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi nishfat its event 1 for CHCPRT001. Last question i guess.

Nehab

Post by Nehab » Sat May 13, 2017 6:06 pm

1 Access a child protection policy from a service. Do you think this policy meets the legal and ethical requirements in the state from which it is based? Why or why not?

2 Explain why reporting current concerns about the safety, welfare or wellbeing of children or young people is important.

pls help me out with these two questions.

Nehab

Post by Nehab » Sat May 13, 2017 6:49 pm

Also i have to resubmit my CHCLEG001 assignmet event 2 . Can u pls help me

Nishfat
Participator
Participator

Post by Nishfat » Sat May 13, 2017 7:13 pm

CHCPRT001 event 1 "Access a child protection policy from a service. Do you think this policy meets the legal and ethical requirements in the state from which it is based? Why or why not ?"
Ans : You have to take child care center "Child protection Policy" and have to analysis that center legal and ethical requirements and u have to judge this right or not in your judgements compare to the center policy. It is very big answer.

Nishfat
Participator
Participator

Post by Nishfat » Sat May 13, 2017 7:21 pm

CHCPRT001 event 1 "Explain why reporting current concerns about the safety, welfare or wellbeing of children or young people is important"
It is very important to report current concern about the safety,welfare or wellbeing of children or young people at risk as they can serious harm to the child if no action will take place in the right time.The NSW Child Death Review Team (CDRT) operates under child protection legislation in New South Wales.
And you also have to add some few points Like duty of care , early invention , advocates and you have to describe the importance of their safety, welfare and wellbeing of the children or young people is important.

i think this suggestion will help u ... :geek:

Nehab

Post by Nehab » Sat May 13, 2017 8:01 pm

Thanks really appreciate your help Nishfat :thumbup:

Nehab

Post by Nehab » Fri May 19, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi Nishfat i tried this question . m really confused whether it meets legal requirements or not. can u please give me some guidance. really stuck on this. pls give some points.

"Access a child protection policy from a service. Do you think this policy meets the legal and ethical requirements in the state from which it is based? Why or why not ?"

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 22, 2017 5:55 pm

Nehab wrote:Hi Nishfat i tried this question . m really confused whether it meets legal requirements or not. can u please give me some guidance. really stuck on this. pls give some points.

"Access a child protection policy from a service. Do you think this policy meets the legal and ethical requirements in the state from which it is based? Why or why not ?"

Are you currently doing placement/ working in a childcare centre? If so, you need to access their child protection policy and compare it to the child protection act from your state and discuss how it meets or doesn't meet requirements...

Lorina