Commemorate our ANZACS on 25th April, with children creating these easy to make soldiers.
- brown paper
- green and brown paint
- green paper
- googly eyes
What to do:
- Draw a rectangle (for the body), arm shapes, shoes and army hat on brown paper.
- Draw a face on the colour paper of the child's choice.
- Encourage the child to cut these out and to stick them together on green paper to create a soldier.
- Using green and brown paint, add spots on the soldiers uniform as camouflage.
- The child can draw the soldiers face.
Hints and Tips:
- For younger children, precut the shapes of the soldier to stick together.
- Instead of using paint as the camouflage, cut up brown and green paper for children to collage onto their soldier.
- Add information, signs to commemorate soldiers for ANZAC day.
Lauretta Sanders, ANZAC DAY Prep 2013