Online Assignment for CHCCHILD401A: Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
cyn135

Online Assignment for CHCCHILD401A: Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by cyn135 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 pm

Has anyone can help me with this question below?

1. When should and allegation of child abuse against a staff member in a Children's Service be reported to the Ombudsman?
(within 30 days / within 12 months / within 7 days / withing 36hours / within 24hours)

2. Where I can access Mandatory Reporter Guide? (pick 4)
a. It's located on Community services website
b. It's in the policy folder at work
c. In the Care and Protection Act 1998
d. A hard copy might be at the service
e. It's on the Keep Them Safe website
f. I can Google Mandatory Reporter Guide

3. The NSW Mandatory Reporters Guide assists with decision making. There are 5 different decions that may be suggested. Select the five (5 decision)
a. Immediate report to Community Services
b. Monitor and document
c. Report within 5 days
d. Consult a professional
e. Make a referral
f. discuss with the family
g. Report to Community services
h. Call the police on 000

Macoola
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Online Assignment for CHCCHILD401A: Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by Macoola » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:36 pm

I am not sure about 1 and 3 but for question 2- when I did my cert 3 last year my Tafe teacher always taught us to go to the KTS website for the mandatory reperters guide fill it out print of the report and give it to your director so I would say e. is correct for question 2!!

Hope this helps:)

chan

Re: Online Assignment for CHCCHILD401A: Identify and respond to children and young people at risk

Post by chan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:19 pm

Im unsure of these answers myself, sorry I can not help