CHCCN305B Provide care for babies "Provide an environment that provides security for babies/infants"

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
magpies1
Participator
Participator

CHCCN305B Provide care for babies "Provide an environment that provides security for babies/infants"

Post by magpies1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:51 pm

2.1 For this task you need to make a poster or slide show depicting the key elements of a quality physical environment for infants and toddlers.

2.2 Under each image you will need to briefly explain aspects of the environment/experience that supports one or more of the points below

Your presentation should include images of play environments and experiences that:
-Offer an abundance of sensory stimulation
-Be safe for exploration
-Support independence
-Support mastery of major physical milestones

Has anybody done this?? I would love some advice or ideas on how i should go about setting this out and what i need to include.

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCCN305B Provide care for babies "Provide an environment that provides security for babies/infants"

Post by magpies1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Any advice would be appreciated!

syakira
Helper
Helper

Re: CHCCN305B Provide care for babies "Provide an environment that provides security for babies/infants"

Post by syakira » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:35 pm

For my certificate three I had to make toys made from recycled materials and it was so hard because I had to sew it by hand.

Your assignment it very easy.

There are a lot of activities that you can set up so infants and toddlers can do independently

Infants
- Table set up of Dinosaurs using fake grass and natural resources such as wooden logs
- Table set up of Large Lego's using a black table cloth
- Home corner as in kitchen, provide plastic fruit and vegies, there's also pieces that you can stick together using Velcro, for example putting a cake together
- mini shelf with building blocks and train track set
- Have a basket filled with soft pieces of satin fabric
- Soft toys of different sizes and also puppets
- board books with different textures such as sandpaper, ribbed card board etc
- Baby Toys Bead and wire structures (4 of it) displayed on the table (infants height) using a table cloth. To prevent the table cloth from moving, use a large string (thick) to tie around the table.

Toddlers
- peg board displayed on the table
- dolls house with dolls dressed in work uniforms, dolls of different skin tones
- rainbow hammer pegs (google in images if you're not sure what it is)
- Shopping corner with trolley, cash register, shopping baskets, fake laminated money, empty margarine containers etc.
- home corner kitchen using real pots and kettles
- lacing beads
- stacking ring
- dress ups using clothes with different textures
- play music and attach streamers on wrists so toddlers can dance, play music that they are familiar with
- large wooden blocks
- lego table
- On a shelf, wooden blocks, large trains, trucks, cars, fake flowers, fabric pieces, fake grass
- display of farm animals on the table with fake grass
- puzzles of pictures that toddlers are familiar with like milk, bananas, apple, orange

GOOD LUCK with your assignment ! !

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:59 pm

Thanks Syakira. I just needed ideas for how to set out my poster, what sort of photos i needed to find and what sort of things i needed to write about the photos.

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:25 pm

Would appreciate any ideas for 'what sort of images' i could place on my poster that cover the following:
-Offer an abundance of sensory stimulation
-Be safe for exploration
-Support independence
-Support mastery of major physical milestones

This is one of my last pre-requisite (cert 3) assignments before i continue onto my diploma so I'm keen to get it done asap.

PaigeLePierres

Post by PaigeLePierres » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:48 pm

i am also stuck on this one. i have to make a poster.
i have no idea what to even write with the pictures that i have found

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:13 pm

I placed the pictures under each heading. I don't recall writing anything on my poster apart from the headings.

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:19 pm

I just had a look. Under each photo, I wrote what they were doing in the picture and then 'support independence' or which ever one it related to. I passed.

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Good Luck!! :)

PaigeLePierres

Post by PaigeLePierres » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:23 am

mine says.

for this task you are required to make a poster showing key elements of a quality physical environment for infants and toddlers.

I have pictures of children playing nicely together. infant room setup. drawing and exploring.

My question is with the pictures i mentioned are they part of the key elements?