CHCCN305B Provide care for babies

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
magpies1
Participator
Participator

CHCCN305B Provide care for babies

Post by magpies1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:22 am

ASSESSMENT 1 Task 2 - Rituals

EVERY CHILD IS A UNIQUE INDIVIDUAL WHO WILL HAVE INDIVIDUAL RITUALS OR CARE ROUTINES SUCH AS SEPARATION, MEALS AND REST.

For each of the following photographs explain how the care stategy supports individual rituals and develops/maintains a nurturing relationship between the carer and child.

I'm not sure what i am expected to write here! :?: :?

1st photograph ... OSCAR LIKES TO SLEEP WITH 'TEDDIE'.
Do i need to explain the routine i would use when i put Oscar into bed????

Can someone help or maybe give an example of how to answer the question correctly?

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCCN305B Provide care for babies

Post by magpies1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:21 pm

I'm thinking I need to explain that I'm being supportive by letting Oscar have his teddy as this will help him sleep and this will help develop a nurturing relationship by making him feel comfortable. Am I on the right track???

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:28 am

Any input would be appreciated!

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:15 pm

I think you are on the right track magpies1.
Ensuring that Oscar keeps as much to his usual ritual for going to bed would be important. I would also maybe put a bit more detail such as putting in the steps you would do for sleep time. I don't know the particular assignment you are doing but perhaps you could detail things like.... Ensure Oscar has clean nappy, the lighting and temp of room are comfortable, bedding all nice plus then go on with the placing Oscar in cot with his teddy etc.
Hope this helps
Cathie

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Thanks cathiek :)

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:41 pm

I'm not sure if writing down the routine is what I'm actually meant to be doing.

It says:
For each of the following.... explain how the care stategy supports individual rituals and develops/maintains a nurturing relationship between the carer and child.

1. Oscar likes to sleep with teddy 2. Toddlers like to play quietly before sleeping 3. Baby Harry likes to be tucked in tight
4. Baby Izzy enjoys being sung to during nappy change time 5. Baby George likes to have his bottle in a quiet relaxed environment
6. Randal likes to eat his meals at the same time each day without being rushed

magpies1
Participator
Participator

Post by magpies1 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:38 pm

This is what i've written for the first scenario- (OSCAR LIKES TO SLEEP WITH HIS TEDDY)

The carer can support this by ensuring Oscar's routine in care is as close to his usual routine, I.e.: make sure he has a clean nappy, ensure the lighting is turned down low and place teddy in usual position for sleep time.

This will help Oscar develop trust with his carer as he feels comfortable and secure knowing the carer understands his needs .

Hopefully I'm understanding the question correctly. I guess I'll find out once I've submitted it.

cathiek
Coach
Coach

Post by cathiek » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:55 pm

I think that sounds great
Cathie