CHCIC501A- Self Assessment & Playground Supervision

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Sharon66

CHCIC501A- Self Assessment & Playground Supervision

Post by Sharon66 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi I am stuck on a question regarding NQSF Assessment and Rating process

My question is What is the purpose of the self-assessment process?
I am wondering if self- assessment is a new term for self-study?

Anyway this is the answer i have and not sure if it is correct..

For the Childcare centre to be rated for each principle and to develop a continuing improvement plan for each of the quality areas .Childcare centres need to evaluate its quality practices to ensure that they are delivery quality services that follow the NQSF practices.

can you please give me any ideas if i am wrong. Thank you so much for you time .. :>)
Last edited by Lorina on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Sharon66

Re:CHCIC501A- Self Assessment & Playground Supervision

Post by Sharon66 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:22 am

I have found another question I am not sure about. (chcic501a)
It is for, defining the task: supervision of out door play (3-5 year Olds)
the question is
What skills and /or knowledge are necessary to adequately perform the task?
Do you needs to involve the stakeholders?

Ok I get the first questions and have answered. It is the second question I am confused about.
Who do they mean by stakeholder? the owner, the Director, staff , all people with in the childcare system ..

my answer to this question was:
yes we would involve the stakeholders (owners)
as they are the ones who have to repair or replace any unsafe equipment or an hazard in the play area or centre.
(as to me the stake holders would be the owners .)

once again i need help.
arrrr i feel so dumb..
Thank you so much for any help . I am so glad i have found this site and gave a donation last night as a token of my appreciation.

Lorina

Re: CHCIC501A- Self Assessment & Playground Supervision

Post by Lorina » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:09 am

Hi Sharon66,

Thank you for your donation. I appreciate your support. :thumbup:
What is the purpose of the self-assessment process?
I am wondering if self- assessment is a new term for self-study?

I found the following information from the draft copy of the Self Assessment and Quality Improvement Process document:
It is important for professionals in any field to have a way of regularly assessing their practice, recognising their strengths and identifying areas that can be improved. A consistent process of reflection and evaluation enables services to gain an informed picture of current practice, and the quality of education and care experienced by children and families. This ‘picture’ of current practice can be used to recognise and confirm the service’s particular strengths and as a starting point for planning to improve quality.
The most effective improvements to service delivery are initiated from within the service, rather than imposed from outside. Therefore once the quality of current practice in the service is assessed, the next step is to determine where quality improvements can be made, and to plan effectively to implement them.
Do you needs to involve the stakeholders?

Stakeholders include:
Parents
Teachers
Centres Owners
Children
Government

Im also including an attaching from the Department of Communities about supervision in the playground for childcare centres. It provides relevant information in regards to your question so, you can check it out.

[attachment=0]Supervision in the playground.pdf[/attachment]
Thanks again for your support,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sharon66

Re: CHCIC501A NQSF - Self Assessment & Playground Supervision

Post by Sharon66 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:56 pm

L.A.
I had printed out the draft self assigment information a few days ago but wasnt sure whether it was right one to use for that question.
So thanks for that ..

Thanks for helping me understandi my other question on stakeholders i will go and have a look at the information now.
I asked my director today about the stake holders she wasnt to sure herself and thought it might of been about a nominated supervisor . So i will let her know also incase some one else asks her in the furure.

it was the least i could do for the help you have provided me with..( donation )and wont hestitale to donate again when i can.I have another 15 modules to do so I will more than likely be a regular.. lol.. . As i said I really do appreciate the help you have given me and the understanding of questions..
Thanks and...
Have a wonderful Easter ...