CHCORG506C - Orientation Process For Existing Staff

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
leyla

CHCORG506C - Orientation Process For Existing Staff

Post by leyla » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:39 am

Hello,
I am trying to finish my assessment but i have some problems to answer the following questions:
explain the service orientation process for:
• Staff moving to another room
• Staff moving to a senior position

My understanding for the 1 part of question:
When staff moving to another room in our childcare, the new staff become familiar with the room routines in advance. Staff can discuss with a room leader the room program, children's comforts and interests, a room supervision plan, allergies lists, parents contact lists etc.
Also a new staff can become familiarize with the children during outside play.

New staff works several days a week in the new room, and gradually moves to the new room after 2-3 week.
Room leader support a new staff member to become comfortable and familiar with the room routines and children's needs.

Senior staff member carry a wider scope of duties and responsibilities which should be congruent with experience and skills.
When staff moving to a senior position, director will discuss the duties and responsibilities of this position, the position description, future pay and conditions of employment.

I don't have any ideas about a senior position! I need help. :sweating:

i hope so the answer right
any advice will be appreciated!
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCORG506C - Orientation Process For Existing Staff

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi Leyla,

No need to worry... I think you've answered the questions well. I would do the same if I was put into either position! :thumbup:

I really can't think of anything else to add...

Cheers :geek:,
L.A