Blowing ratios & chef responibilities

Share your work experiences, have a rant, discuss concerns, get advice for work problems, discuss work issues, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
SJayDee

Blowing ratios & chef responibilities

Post by SJayDee » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:53 pm

So my question is about ratios. The centre I am currently working in as a casual seem to go over their ratios a lot, and I was wondering if it was anything to be concerned about. For example yesterday they had x2 staff with 10 1-2 yr olds and x2 educators with 11 2-3 yr olds. Can they get away with doing this by saying that one of the children are 3 in the 2-3 room - I always thought in this case you would go with the younger ratio? Does it depend on how many unfilled spots there is in the rest of the centre? As the Jnr Preschool had x2 staff with 14 children (3-4yr olds) it seems to be regular occurrence though and the staff are stretched quite thin.

Another question is about the chef. Is the common that the centre chef doesn't clean the dishes and that it's up to the staff from the rooms to wash plates away after meals? (This can be very inconvenient when there is only 2 staff with 10 children as they have to leave the room and go to the kitchen). Also can I pointed in the direction of any regulations related to the centre chef?

Thank you :)

Lorina

Re: Blowing ratios & chef responibilities

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:08 pm

No, it doesn't seem right and it is a concern... what state are you in as the ratio may differ...just to clarify...

:geek:,
Lorina