CHCPRT001 Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at risk

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Kalzana
Participator
Participator

CHCPRT001 Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at risk

Post by Kalzana » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:00 am

Can some one pls help am stuck on this question, have no clue of the answer :
1) Outline two experiences you can implement to assist children's understanding of appropriate and inappropriate behaviors in terms of child abuse/neglect.

2) identify two strategies you can implement within your service to support families

3) What are the principles of ethical decision making?

4) What impact can risk of harm have on the service and the child involved?

5) In your own words describe 'trauma-informed care'. Whenever possible provide examples of any experiences you have had with trauma-informed care.

Would appreciate any help on the above as am stuck on this question.

Kalzana
Participator
Participator

Re: CHCPRT001 Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at risk

Post by Kalzana » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:47 am

3) What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
All professional ethical codes and guidelines are based on care and respect for the child and families at all times. In order to ensure that the decisions i make are ethical i need to:
• be very clear on the guidelines of my service
• be familiar with and guided by all relevant legislation
• be familiar with and guided by all relevant standards which further define how the legislation is applied
• be aware of services code of conduct, which is reflected in our policy and procedures.
• demonstrate a commitment to a moral standard of professional behaviour, which I must uphold at all times

Kalzana
Participator
Participator

Post by Kalzana » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:05 am

4) the effects of child abuse and neglect
: the child could feel depressed and emotional
: lack of self esteem
: disorders that are anxiety based
: aggressive behavior

The impact on service :
-staff memebers of the centre could have a bad reputation
- distrust from the parents involved
- gossip could start around the centre
- educators could act differently with the child involved etc.

Kalzana
Participator
Participator

Post by Kalzana » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:00 am

5) Trauma informed care means learning.There are various types of traumas. They need support and understanding from people around. It is an organisational structure and treatment framework that involves understanding, recognizing and responding to trauma.

Can some tell me if i am on right track. Help me with the Question 1 and 2 please.

Kalzana
Participator
Participator

Post by Kalzana » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Hi

Can any one let me know if i am on the right track and suggest me the answer for question 1. as i have completed the unit but am stuck on that question.

Thank you
Kalzana

Emjay6

Post by Emjay6 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:12 pm

Hi, I'm currently doing CHCPRT001- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk.
I'm stuck on these questions regarding the following scenario:

Assessment Task
Read the following case study and answer the questions.
Jennifer, aged 9, attends your out of school hours service. She has been attending there since Year 1 at school. Jennifer has always been an outgoing, sociable child who gets on with her carers and her peers. Recently you have noticed that Jennifer has begun to play on her own a lot. She seems disinterested in activities and wanders around the centre without involving herself in anything. Jennifer frequently has a sad expression on her face and looks like she is carrying the cares of the world on her shoulders. You have asked Jennifer if there is anything wrong or if she would like to talk to you a couple of times, but each time she has just shrugged her shoulders and said ‘It’s OK’. Recently there have been incidents where Jennifer has become very aggressive with other children, behaviour that is completely out of character for Jennifer. She also seems fearful of getting into trouble at the centre and is no longer the confident, outgoing little girl that she previously was. You are aware that Jennifer’s mother is a single parent and that she has formed a relationship with a man called Tom, four months ago. Jennifer was quite excited about ‘Uncle Tom’ when he first appeared. He took Jennifer and her mother, Amy, on outings to movies, the beach, fun fairs and so on. She has not mentioned any outings for weeks now. Generally it is Amy who picks Jennifer up from the out of school care centre and you have also noticed that Amy seems less enthusiastic in her greeting of Jennifer. In the past she would always give Jennifer a cuddle and ask her what she had done at the out of school care centre. Recently she has been rather abrupt and short with Jennifer and no longer gives her a cuddle, simply telling her that she must hurry up and get home before Tom. Amy was initially radiant when she met Tom and the relationship seemed to have given her a new zest for life. She told you he was going to move in with her and Jennifer about six weeks ago. The day before yesterday you noticed a lot of redness and swelling on Amy’s cheek and what looked like a black eye. When you asked her about the injury, she shrugged, looked away and muttered, ‘I fell over and hit my face.’ For the last two days Tom has picked Jennifer up from the out of school care centre. He hardly greets her at all and Jennifer seems nervous around him and fearful. Today Jennifer came to you and asked to talk to you in private. You took her into the office and she said ‘I hate Tom and I am really scared of him. He punched me in the face. He is really nasty and he won’t let me do anything at home. He always makes me go into my room and if Mum says anything he shouts at her. Once when I said I didn’t want to go into my room he locked me out of the house for hours, at night. He has also threatened to lock me in the cupboard.’

3. Using the Mandatory Reporter Guide (MRG) from the https://reporter.childstory.nsw.gov.au/s/ website, outline in point form, and step by step, what your course of action is with this child.

7. How would you respond to your concerns?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:02 pm

Hi,

First, go to the following link and add the steps of what you will do:

Steps For mandatory Reporting

This will also provide information on how to respond to your concerns.

You can have a go with your answer and I'll be happy to read it once you add your response to let you know if you're on the right track!

:geek:,
Lorina