Questions to discuss on director meeting

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Anthony99

Questions to discuss on director meeting

Post by Anthony99 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:37 pm

Hi
Just wonder will anyone could help me with director meeting? We are the owner of the childcare centre and we are going to meet up with the centre manager/ director soon, we would like to have some ideas of what needs to discuss during the meeting and what need to be focus on, can anyone let us know what to do and will be great that if someone can supply us a useful sample of director meeting agenda or specific questions we can discuss on the meeting.

Thank you

Regards
Anthony chu

backpack

Re: Questions to discuss on director meeting

Post by backpack » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi Anthony,
This question seems a little strange. You are the owner of the childcare centre? Surely, you do have questions that you would be able to ask the centre manager/director. And I am in sure your Director would have questions/proposals that they would in turn wish to ask you. Wouldn't you ask your Director to come to the meeting and to be prepared with any issues they wish to discuss and questions and concerns that they may have? You also need to prepare yourself in this way - wouldn't this meeting be the perfect time to go through any problems that have arisen - no centre runs that smoothly that there would be nothing to discuss? You would also need to go through financial issues regarding things that may need to be purchased, you would surely discuss the staff and how things are going in that department. You could ask if there has been any problems, concerns or improvements that need to be made. I am sure there will plenty for you to discuss. Open communication and understanding and willingness to improve and move forward in my opinion is the key to success.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:23 pm

Anthony99 wrote:Hi
Just wonder will anyone could help me with director meeting? We are the owner of the childcare centre and we are going to meet up with the centre manager/ director soon, we would like to have some ideas of what needs to discuss during the meeting and what need to be focus on, can anyone let us know what to do and will be great that if someone can supply us a useful sample of director meeting agenda or specific questions we can discuss on the meeting.

Thank you

Regards
Anthony chu

Are you still needing this?

:geek:,
Lorina

Anthony99

Post by Anthony99 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Thanks back pack.

Yes please Lorina.
Also would wonder does childcare centre required any specific cot for the nurse room? Does it have and standard requirement? I just know that we need some with roll on it for fire evacuation situation.

Thank you

Regards
Anthony

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:38 pm

Quick question... are you looking for a new Director or meeting up with a Director that is currently running your centre?

As for your cot requirments:

7 Sleeping facilities

(1) The premises of a service must be equipped with one cot or culturally appropriate form of bedding for each child under 2 years of age filling a licenced place at the service.
(2) The premises of a service providing long day care must provide an adequate number of beds or sleeping mats with waterproof covers or culturally appropriate forms of bedding for all children who may wish or need to sleep at the premises on any one day.
(3) The premises of a service (other than a service providing long day care) must be equipped with an adequate number of beds or sleeping mats with waterproof covers or other age and culturally appropriate form of bedding for each child who is 2 or more years of age and who may wish or need to sleep at the premises on any one day. In determining this, the ages of children at the service, the program of activities of the service and hours of operation of the service are to be taken into account.
(4) Provision must be made at the premises of a service to ensure that:
(a) mattresses and other bedding are clean and comfortable, and
(b) bed clothing is appropriate to the climate, and
(c) all bed clothing is kept clean and in good repair, and
(d) there is individual bed linen and blankets for each child, and
(e) children do not share the same bed at the same time, and
(f) bed linen used by one child is washed before it is used by another child, and
(g) no child who is of or above 7 years of age sleeps in the same room as another child of the opposite sex who is not a relative, and
(h) no child sleeps in the same room in which an adult is sleeping.
(5) Beds, cots, stretchers or mattresses at the premises of the service must be arranged so:
(a) as to allow easy exit of any child,
(b) as to allow easy access to any child,
(c) as to reduce the risk of cross infection between children.
Note: The authorised supervisor is responsible for ensuring that this licensing standard is complied with.
(6) In this clause:
"long day care" means a service provided for a child for more than 6 hours at a time.

Here is some more information:

Cot Safety

Lorina

Anthony99

Post by Anthony99 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi Lorina

Thanks for the information provided.
We was looking for the director and the reason why I'm asking those questions is because we will have meeting with her in the future I'm just prepare myself of what need to be ask.

Thank for the help

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:48 am

No problem!

I would look at the Director Job Description I'd posted in your previous topic and go through it and ask the Director about particular experiences they had with some of the points mentioned. You could also about how they manage staff, deal with issues that could occur within the centre, their previous experience etc. Even if during the meeting a Director may not have had that much experience you could always consider them, especially if you feel they are "right" for the centre. Sometimes it's more than being qualified and how much experience someone has...

Lorina