Childcare Teacher Behaviour

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
billiemama

Childcare Teacher Behaviour

Post by billiemama » Sun May 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi,

Last week when i picked my lil 10 month old, there was another baby maybe same age that had started crying quite alot, the girl that was holding obviously couldnt deal with babies crying (not sure why she is in daycare then) As i was leaving the room closing the door i saw her SCREAMING at the baby that was cryon ENOUGH ENOUGH ENOUGHHHH!!! i was SOOO shocked i didnt know what to do so i left.

Also my son comes home with a bruised head and lump and cut finger and there had been mention of this is this something gets mentioned to parents if their baby hurts thm or gets hurt?>
I will be reporting this to the office on Monday, however i'd like to know is there a childcare centre govenment body that we can report this kind of behaviour to ? The way i see it if she is doing to that baby how many more is she doing it to and how many other teachers/carers are doing it!

Yes i will be leaving this daycare just waiting for the brand new one to open very shortly.

Lorina

Re: Childcare Teacher Behaviour

Post by Lorina » Mon May 15, 2017 5:45 am

I'm so sorry to hear that you have witnessed this at your child's centre! As a parent myself I will be mortified if I witnessed this so I can clearly understand your concerns and your distress. You should report this to the centre director so they can take further action against that particular staff member. In regards to your child's injuries, accidents do happen especially with other children and in childcare. However, you should have received an incident form describing the accident that occurred, how it occurred when and where etc. and the injuries your child has received and how they were treated. You should sign this form and it will be placed in your child's record and you should also be given a copy for future reference. Due to privacy reasons, the child who has hurt your child will not be named to you... However, you should be given a form that explains what happened...

Have you spoken to the Director?
Have you received an incident form due to the accident?

If you let me know your state I can direct you to the proper authorities to contact, although I insist you speak to the centre director first before making an official complaint.

:geek:,
Lorina

billiemama

Post by billiemama » Mon May 15, 2017 6:54 am

Hi Lorina,

No i havent spoken to the Director as yet as when i go pick my little one up the director has left by then. But what i had witnessed on the Wednesday evening i was so Shocked that i didnt know what to do & then realised the injuries on my son.
I understand they do get hurt with so many other kids around his def not bubble wrapped haha. But yeh like a report would had been nice.

I will be going in the morning to speak to them regarding what i had witnessed and the brusing and bumps i found on him.

I am in NSW your help will be great

Thank you.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Yes, I can imagine that what you have witnessed was a shock to you! You will need to explain the details you had witnessed as well your concerns. This is a serious matter and it should be dealt with appropriately!

In regards to the injuries on your child, you should have been informed, so you will need to address this issue as well!

Sorry that you have to go through this!

Trust your gut instinct if you feel something is wrong, definitely talk to the director!

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 15, 2017 12:37 pm

In regards to making a report, you can contact the Regulatory Authorities in NSW:
NSW Early Childhood Education and Care Directorate, Department of Education

Email:ececd@det.nsw.edu.au
Phone: 1800 619 113 (toll free)
Fax: (02) 8633 1810

Lorina