Pregnant right after starting new job

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Alerie

Pregnant right after starting new job

Post by Alerie » Tue May 09, 2017 6:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I finally took a leap in my career after years of being a casual and got offered a full time position in the Toddler room which I am about to start in two weeks. But I just found out I am just over 4 weeks pregnant! Babies sure pick their time to arrive. Anyway I am just wondering how do you tell your work/ Director you are pregnant? I plan to after 2-3 months of working there (second trimester) when it is safe and I have established myself. I feel a little crummy at having fallen pregnant right after starting a new job. I know I am protected by law and can't discriminate but it is annoying for bosses especially after they hire someone new. How do I tell my director in a good way, I am so nervous about it!

Lorina

Re: Pregnant right after starting new job

Post by Lorina » Wed May 10, 2017 7:07 pm

First off Congratulations! So exciting! Secondly it's up to you when to tell your director however keep in mind there could be some risks with working with children and being pregnant. Especially with changing nappies and being in direct contact with common diseases such as chicken pox for example which could be harmful to your unborn child. Also it's important to take it easy and working with the toddlers is a physically demanding job so you need to work out whether you want to continue. Don't worry so much about your Director just work out what you would like to do. Then you can talk to your Director once you have your options...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed May 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Here is another post regarding an educator working while pregnant. There is some information regarding risks involved etc.!

Pregnant In Childcare

Let me know if you have further questions!

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 15, 2017 3:38 am

How's everything going? Hope you're doing well!

Lorina

Alerie

Post by Alerie » Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 pm

I am good. I got offered two more job interviews which I am actually going to consider because they pay more before I full accept, but still in the same situation. Thanks for your advice and help. If I get one of the jobs I will update you :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed May 17, 2017 1:30 pm

Sounds like you're doing well with your job opportunities!

Don't work too hard and take it easy!!

Lorina