PDF templates printing in Greyscale only??

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Mandy1

PDF templates printing in Greyscale only??

Post by Mandy1 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:06 am

Hi,

I normally download the word doc templates but as there isn't one for the Australia Day template I've downloaded the PDF.

I'm finding though that when attempting to print, it defaults to printing in greyscale and the tick box is greyed out so I can't change it to print in color. I've tried on both laptop and desktop. I have attached a screenshot as example.

I've also checked for adobe updates but it still won't print in colour. I've also tried the Chinese Rooster New Year and Going to Big School PDF templates and they have the same issue.

I have checked other PDF documents I have on my laptop and they have the option to uncheck the print in greyscale box and come out in colour so I know it's not my printer settings or configeration.

Can you please either upload the Templates in Word Doc or advise as to what I may need to do to print the PDF templates in colour??

Thanks
Mandy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Re: PDF templates printing in Greyscale only??

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:20 pm

Hi Mandy,

Thank you for the screenshot. It is an interesting issue you have there. I remember, a couple of months ago I had 1 other user having a similar issue. For her, the trouble got resolved after she updated Adobe Reader in her laptop but I am not sure if she was able to resolve the same from her desktop.

I also did testing from my end to see if it is due to the template but I could not replicate this issue at all. I was able to print the template fine in colour and I tried it from a windows desktop, 1 windows laptop and 1 MacBook pro. This confirms that the issue is not from the template. If it is the template, then the issue would be consistent. Out of 1000s of downloads, this is only the second reported instance. Therefore I suspect the problem is probably caused either from Adobe Reader end or the Printer setting. What I suspect is, if for some reason, the printer only allows grayscale for files with lots of colours to save on ink. That is probably why some forms are printed properly while some with heavy colours default to grayscale only. I am not sure, this is just a random thought since it is odd.

Anyhow, I do have some suggestions for you to try. Since you have already said you have updated the Adobe reader, let's try some setting changes. When I googled this issue, there were many answers suggesting to upgrade the printer driver to resolve this trouble. But before we do that, let's try these steps first one by one and see if any of these resolves it. Follow the steps as it is:

Troubleshoot 1: Check settings from Adobe Reader

(i) In the PRINT dialogue, click on the ADVANCED button to the right of the printer selection field.
(ii) In the ADVANCED PRINT SETUP dialogue, click on "Let Printer determine Color" under COLOR MANAGEMENT.
Note: If your advanced settings dialogue is different, please attach and screenshot so I can suggest you based on your available setting.

Troubleshoot 2: Check Printer Settings

Check the Printer Preferences settings and ensure all settings are correct there. You can access the settings through these steps:

i) Go to "Devices and Printers" on your machine.
ii) Right click on the printer in question.
iii) Access the printer preferences and set the settings as per your requirements.
iv) Press OK.
v) The new settings are now the default setting for your printer.

Let me know if the above resolves the issue. Hopefully, you are able to identify the cause of it. It will also help if you have another printer so you can try and see if it works from that (maybe a different printer at work or home). Also try the same from another computer/laptop to see if it works. These steps will help us isolate the cause of this issue.

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:21 pm

Feel free to let know if the above doesn't work and we will have to figure something else out...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:44 pm

Just following up.... how did you go with this issue?

Lorina