Deciding on a university course

General discussions on topics related to Bachelor of Early Childhood studies.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood. Please refer to Bachelor Degree Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
dancemonkey

Deciding on a university course

Post by dancemonkey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:13 pm

ok! i would like to teach kindergarten and am trying to decide between two university courses. one course goes from birth to five years and the other to eight years.

i heard that you have no choice over what year you will teach, they put you wherever there is space which is why i was leaning towards teaching till five years because i have my heart set on kindergarten. is this true?

people have also told me it is better to go till eight years so i can keep my options open in regards to jobs. would that be correct?

please help!

Lorina

Re: Deciding on a university course

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:49 am

Birth to five years is more geared towards early childhood settings while birth to 8 years is more towards school... So, I would suggest that if you wanted to teach in a primary school you do Bith to 8 years...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:52 am

Also, I haven't heard about how you would get assigned to a teacher's role in a school... So, I'm not too sure how that gets all figured out...

:geek:,
Lorina

dancemonkey

Post by dancemonkey » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Thank you Lorina!

Do you happen to know if it matters about the prestige of the university if you just want to work in a public school?