Inserting Images Into Templates

Support forum for feature requests and for troubleshooting issues when opening or downloading EYLF templates that are listed under the Templates section of this website
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Inserting Images Into Templates

Post by linsaa fdc » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:29 am

Hi Lorina,

Hope you had a happy safe holiday.
The first day of school template in word doesn't work. I have deleted it and re downloaded it this morning and its still the same.
When you right click on the picture box, then go to change picture, then click on the picture you want to place in the box it changes the whole page to the picture, it doesn't keep it in the photo box.
Help please

Linsaa fdc :wave:

Lorina

Re: Templates

Post by Lorina » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:13 pm

Thanks for letting me know.. I will have a look at it from my end and see if I can work out what's going on...

:geek:.
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Templates

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi Linsaa,

I had a look at the template and I worked out what's happening. When you right click on the image box it's actually selecting the background to insert the image in which is why you are getting the image within the whole template.

You need to select each box individually to add the image to. Here is what you need to do:

1) Go to Insert (top bar).
2) Select shapes.
3) Select rectangle shape.
4) Use the rectangle shape to create a square shape inside the image box.
5) As the shape is selected (blue highlighted), right click on this, select format shape (at the bottom).
6) Select fill.
7) Select picture fill.
8) Choose your picture from your file and it will automatically add it in.

It's very simple to do once you know how to do it...

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any difficulties!

:geek:,
Lorina

Hope this helps!

Lorina

Re: Inserting Images Into Templates

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:25 pm

I'm adding the screen shots of the steps above to give you a better understanding of what you need to do:

[attachment=2]step_1.png[/attachment]
[attachment=1]step_2.png[/attachment]
[attachment=0]step_3.png[/attachment]

Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1dermum

Post by 1dermum » Sat May 27, 2017 9:24 am

Hi
Can I ask A question? Bit new to all this. The template opens as a PDF in my browser (chrome) I can add text but when i click to inset photo nothing happens.. What am I doing wrong?
Katie

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 27, 2017 2:22 pm

1dermum,

With the photos fields in pdf templates, the trouble you are facing usually happens when the pdf file is opened through the browser which will have limited functionality. To resolve this is simple when you download the template you have to open the pdf file through Adobe Reader directly and not through the browser. I will give you a link here where I have given the steps on how to download and open the templates through Adobe Reader program. Once you open directly via Adobe Reader, the pdf template will be editable and all its features like inserting photos, etc.. will be available for you to use. Here is the link:

Adding Photos To Templates

If you are using Windows 10 and the latest Adobe Reader version, here is a summary of the methods I had given in the above link:

a) Minimize your browser after downloading the file. Do not open the file yet.

b) Next open Adobe Reader program from your computer by pressing start (or windows) button and type 'Adobe Reader'. Click on the Adobe Reader program in the list to launch that in your desktop.

c) In Adobe Reader, select Home -> 'My Computer' under Storage -> Browse and select the filename of the template you just downloaded. Usually, you can find it in Download folder unless you moved it to Desktop or somewhere else when you downloaded the file.

This will now open the pdf template directly through Adobe Reader program which has all functionalities and the template will work perfectly.

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 27, 2017 4:29 pm

Let me know if you are having problems so I can help!

Lorina

Post by 1996 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:28 pm

where the finalize button on the template?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:24 pm

1996 wrote:where the finalize button on the template?
Which template are you referring to?

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:26 pm

1996 wrote:where the finalize button on the template?
The finalise button can either be found on the left or right hand upper corner depending on the template.

Lorina