Scenario: Rina - Mother Wants Her To Excel

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
juju1234

Scenario: Rina - Mother Wants Her To Excel

Post by juju1234 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:30 pm

question is : nanzeens husband is in his final year of medicine and works long hours. Nanzeen is a qualified occupational therapist and works three days per week. The extended family lives in pakistan. Nanzeen has very high expectations of rina (2.10 years) and is keen for her to excel accademically. she has told you that she works with rina each evening teaching her the alphabet, counting, colours and shapes. She is concerned that rina doesnt pay attention to these lessons and always wants to play with her dolls. nanzeen ask if she should have rina assessed because she thinks she might be slow. At the centre rina an only child is bright and bubbly. she engages in a wide range of experiences and relates well to both adults and peers you have no concerns in relation to her development.
1. What might account for the very different perceptions of rinas development.
My answer of what i think is that rina is slow that is why she is lacking growth development.

Please let me know what would be the correct answer

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Rina - Mother Wants Her To Excel

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:13 pm

In early childhood we focus on a child's overall development and look at what they children can do rather than what they cant...We use learning through play and interaction to engage children and "teach" them different concepts. Nazeen is preparing lessons for Rina based on the different concepts and feels Rina is slow because she cant sit for a long time during those lessons. Nazeen she incorporate what she wants Rina to learn in her interest if playing with her dolls...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

monicha68

Post by monicha68 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:22 pm

can you give me answer pls

monicha68

Post by monicha68 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:29 pm

how would you respond to nazneen concern?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:48 pm

monicha68 wrote:how would you respond to nazneen concern?
You tell me... I'll let you know if you're right...

Lorina

Nik1229

Post by Nik1229 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:19 pm

hi lorina please tell if my answer is right to this question?
how would you respond to nazneen concern?

we must tell her mother that every child is different has own interests and feelings. At centre she interacts very well with everyone and always participates in all the activities with full enthusiasm and seek positive experiences. May be at home she just feels to paly with dolls because want to enjoy moments of solitude and doesnt want to involve in the activity because she is all alone unlike at center when she has so many fellow children around doing the same activities.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:16 pm

Yes, I think you're on the right track with your response!

Lorina

Nik1229

Post by Nik1229 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:50 pm

thats great.. thanks very muich