CHCECE020 - Scenario: Boys Are Better Than Everything

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ami1983
Helper
Helper

CHCECE020 - Scenario: Boys Are Better Than Everything

Post by ami1983 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:41 am

hi lorina :clap:
good morning
can you help me in this case

Niall, a four-year-old boy, is watching three girls play with the ball and skittles in the outdoor play area. He walks up to the girls and says ‘It’s my turn now’. Marni turns to Niall and replies ‘No, it’s still our turn!’. Niall pushes Marni and shouts, ‘Girls are stupid. Boys are better at everything. My dad says so!’ Marni falls backwards but is not injured. Niall then turns red in the face and runs off to the sandpit.
Describe how you would carry out the following to address Niall’s behaviour:
a) determine whether this is an isolated incident or forms part of a wider pattern of behaviour
e) Identify more acceptable alternate behaviours and develop appropriate goals for Niall.
thanks

Lorina

Re: CHCECE020 - Scenario: Boys Are Better Than Everything

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:15 pm

OK, so for this Niall is gender stereotyping so as group you could try and eliminate gender stereotyping with the children. This means showing that girls/boys, men/woman can do anything they want to do and there is no such thing as "boys jobs or girls jobs". For example - girls can play football and be a builder if that's what they want to do etc. Maybe this could be a goals for Niall to address his thinking of "girls are stupid"...

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina