CHCCS400A Regulations when Mother dont allow Father to pick up child

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Helloooo

CHCCS400A Regulations when Mother dont allow Father to pick up child

Post by Helloooo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:19 pm

I have a scenario, a mother asks that you don't allow her children 's father to pick them up from the service anymore as they have recently separated

* What are your legal responsibilities with regard to the mothers request? What national/State/Territory Acts and/or Regulations would guide your actions in this situation???

Any help would be would be super great!

MODULE: CHCCS400A Legal and ethical Framework

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCCS400A Regulations when Mother dont allow Father to pick up child

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:04 pm

If the father is on the authority list to pick the child up you cannot not hand the child over to him. If she wants to stop him picking the child up she would have to remove him off the authorised persons allowed to pick the child up. If he was not on the list and came to take the child you would do anything within reason and without putting yourself other staff and children in danger to stop him taking the child....and you call the police.
As far as I know thats how it works as I have been in this situation at my previous centre

Helloooo

Post by Helloooo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 pm

Cool thanks so much for your help that was what I had written I am just unsure on the question " What national/State/Territory Acts and/or Regulations would guide your actions in this situation???

I'm not sure what they are wanting me to say in regards to that :think:

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:43 am

Just to add, if the mother doesn't want the father to pick up his child she will also need to get written ordered consent from the courts. If there is a court order in place then legally the child cannot be handed over to the father. You could also verify it in the Childcare Regulations for your state..

ebony444

Post by ebony444 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi did you happen to ever figure out what state/territory regulations that needed to be referred to? I'm a tad stuck also! Thanks :)