Wellness and Wellbeing

Forum for students doing their Bachelor of Early Childhood Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Mel77g

Wellness and Wellbeing

Post by Mel77g » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:00 pm

Hi,
I am studying the bachelor of education 0-5yrs and I'm struggling with the assignments at the moment as it is all new to me, I need to write an essay based on this question; The begging modules in Wellness and Wellbeing introduce some theoretical bases or perspectives that underlie society's perceptions of wellness and wellbeing, These modules also discuss the factors that can influence our attainment of both these conditions. What now is your understanding of Wellness? Discuss the factors that can influence our attainment of wellness and the reasons why attainment may not be equitable. Choose three of the issues raised in the modules and readings and discuss how children's wellness is affected.

I have tried to plan the essay and this is what I come up with, I'm not sure if I'm on the right track or not, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thesis statement
I would define wellness as living a successful life of happiness and healthiness. (I need to write something else but don't know what).

3-5 main topics
    Wellness
      How is children's wellness affected?
        Goals for children's health

Essay outline
          What is wellness?
            Why are children vulnerable?
              What influences the attainment of wellness?

Body 3+ paragraph ideas
                Goals for children's health as an educator
                  How can we help children's wellness be protected as an educator?
                    Developing personal skills
                      Creating supportive environments as an educator

Conclusion
                      Why I believe children's wellness is significant as an educator.

Please Help

Jesse22

Re: Wellness and Wellbeing

Post by Jesse22 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:42 pm

I'm doing this one now x how'd you go with it?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:33 am

Jesse22 wrote:I'm doing this one now x how'd you go with it?
                      I'm not too sure if this will be of any use:

Children's Health and Wellbeing

:geek:,
                      Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:39 am

This questions sounds like it has something to do with a child's overall wellbeing which can include: developmental challenges, child's mental health, diet etc.

Lorina

Mel77g

Post by Mel77g » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:24 pm

I was surprised I actually went really well with this assessment... Just a tip for you when writing your essay, if you talk about the 6 dimensions of wellness just do this in passing don't elaborate on them. Make sure you elaborate on the theoretical perspectives too. I hope this helps a little... I don't mind trying to help anyone :) ... I just wish when I needed it someone helped me.. :| good luck :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:04 am

Mel77g wrote:I was surprised I actually went really well with this assessment... Just a tip for you when writing your essay, if you talk about the 6 dimensions of wellness just do this in passing don't elaborate on them. Make sure you elaborate on the theoretical perspectives too. I hope this helps a little... I don't mind trying to help anyone :) ... I just wish when I needed it someone helped me.. :| good luck :D
                      Thanks so much for adding your suggestions! They are definitely helpful and will assist fellow uni students as well! Really appreciate it. I apologise for not assisting you with your question previously. At times when I'm away the forum does get a little backed up and unfortunately I'm not able to assist everyone... However, in the future feel free to private message me if you need anything... Although by the sounds of it, you did really well for this question which is great! :thumbup:

Lorina

cbrownlow

Post by cbrownlow » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:28 pm

I am jumping into this subject now and I am struggling to understand the question. I am slowly getting through the readings and find that things are falling into place but I just need that extra bit of help.
                      Can anyone who has studied this subject point me in the right direction for identifying the factors that influence children - is it all health and nutrition based. Or is it more social and community structure??
                      I'm not even sure if what I'm saying makes sense, sleep deprived and running on sugar haha!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:31 pm

cbrownlow wrote:I am jumping into this subject now and I am struggling to understand the question. I am slowly getting through the readings and find that things are falling into place but I just need that extra bit of help.
                      Can anyone who has studied this subject point me in the right direction for identifying the factors that influence children - is it all health and nutrition based. Or is it more social and community structure??
                      I'm not even sure if what I'm saying makes sense, sleep deprived and running on sugar haha!
                      Maybe it has to do with overall factors such as

- environmental
                      - biological
                      - interpersonal

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Check this out:

Factors Influencing Development