Childminding question

Parenting FAQs, parenting issues & concerns, dealing with behaviour problems, disciplining children, sleeping problems, teaching children, pregnancy and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Scottish Joan
Helper
Helper

Childminding question

Post by Scottish Joan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:05 am

Hi guys/girls, I have a question for you guys regarding kids I childmind.

I have started to childmind a couple of girls that are the same age as my own daughter but I have this particular problem.

The girls get dropped off at mine at 8.30am, just in time for the walk to school but EVERYDAY, including days like today when its wet and blustery, the girls still come to mine in just tshirts/skirts so I end up going to their house to pick up a jumper/hoody and long legged trousers plus a warm waterproof jacket. The parents give me permission to go into their house for these items of clothing because the door stays unlocked.

I have moved away from London now because it is too noisy for me and Rhona so we have moved to the North of Scotland where it is quiet and also bitterly, bitterly cold, we have lived there for a few months now and are settling in very well and making new friends.

With winter fast approaching, I really want the kids to stay warm and cosy during the freezing cold so what should I do, ask the parents to make sure the kids come prepared with appropriate clothing or ask the parents to give me a jacket which can be left at mine?

blissneso
Participator
Participator

Re: Childminding question

Post by blissneso » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:20 pm

Hello Joan if it was me i would ask to leave a spare jacket for each of the children at your place in case the children get cold during their walk to school. When the children are at home in the warmth or in the car with the heater on they won't feel the need to wear their jackets so they may forget to bring them. If you have the jackets at yours it is more convenient and saves time in the mornings.
:thumbup:

Scottish Joan
Helper
Helper

Post by Scottish Joan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:04 am

blissneso wrote:Hello Joan if it was me i would ask to leave a spare jacket for each of the children at your place in case the children get cold during their walk to school. When the children are at home in the warmth or in the car with the heater on they won't feel the need to wear their jackets so they may forget to bring them. If you have the jackets at yours it is more convenient and saves time in the mornings.
:thumbup:
Did this today and the parents complained saying that the kids don't want to wear jackets so what next because I know the kids DO want to wear the jackets, its the PARENT that doesn't want them to wear jackets :-(?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 pm

It's so silly that the parent doesn't want their child to wear their jacket! You may need to tell the parents that if they want you to mind their child that their child has to wear their jacket because you don't want to be responsible for their child to get sick! It's direct but true!

:geek:,
Lorina

Scottish Joan
Helper
Helper

Post by Scottish Joan » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:34 pm

Lorina wrote:It's so silly that the parent doesn't want their child to wear their jacket! You may need to tell the parents that if they want you to mind their child that their child has to wear their jacket because you don't want to be responsible for their child to get sick! It's direct but true!

:geek:,
Lorina
Yeah I was shocked too but the kids happily wore their jackets this morning :-).