Marly's Intro

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
MarlyW

Marly's Intro

Post by MarlyW » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:43 pm

Good afternoon, everyone :)

My name is Marly and I am a Certificate Educator (with a biological science degree and secondary teaching degree...go figure). I'm currently working at a Christian community early learning centre (brand new as of January this year, so basically part of the pioneering staff team).

I've been working in early learning for five years now and absolutely love it.

I found this site because one of my Directors uses the templates on here, they were very useful as we were setting up our centre. I've spent a lot of time reading the topics on here and have found them useful so have finally decided to join.

I currently work with the 1-2 year olds at my centre and I am sure I'll be able to share and learn more with you all here :)

Thanks to the team that work so hard on this site.

Lorina

Re: Marly's Intro

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi Marly!

Welcome to the Aussie Childcare Network forum! :wave: I'm Lorina! Nice to meet you!!

First off I just want to "thank you" for your support and positive feedback about this site! I really am happy to hear that you find the information provided on here very helpful. There is a wealth of information, particularly for students here on the forum itself. Also a happy bonus to hear that your Director is using the templates! Awesome! :mrgreen:

It must be really exciting starting in a new centre! Everything is new and you're working as a team to build relationships with one another as well as with the families and within the community... Since you work with the 1-2 year old you must be really busy and I bet they keep you on your toes! :lol:

Great to see another passionate educator join the community!

See you around the forum,

:geek:,
Lorina

MarlyW

Post by MarlyW » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi Lorina!

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Yes the toddlers definitely do keep me on my toes. As of last week, though, I've moved into the babies room, and am absolutely loving it. Our centre has now got full ratio of staff and our director is trialling which staff will work in which rooms, but I am hoping to remain in the babies room for a while now.

:D
Marly

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Hi Marly,

Great to hear you enjoying your centre! Seems like you working in the babies room is the perfect fit! It's really good to be able to move around to different rooms to work in the different ages. I was primarily working with the preschoolers through out my experience however I decided to take on the role of the toddler room leader and I really fell in love with it! It changed my whole perspective on early childhood itself and I really got many different experiences from it. Now I got my own toddler and the experiences I have learnt at my work place has really helped me deal with my own toddler! So I feel very lucky to have learnt the foundations during work which I can use in my personal life!

Glad that you have found an age that suits you!!

:geek:,
Lorina