Chccn302a provide care for children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
red

Chccn302a provide care for children

Post by red » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:18 pm

Just havng a bit of trouble with the following questions and any help would be much appricated, I have some answers and was wondering what has been missed

1) A 4 1/2 year old arrives at your faciity upset and crying. You discover that the family's pet has died as a result of a snake bit. how can you pacify the child while at the same time being sensitive to the loss of the pet?

Comfort them
Try to find something that will help them take their mind of the pet
Be available for them when the need yo

2) In your long day care facility you are caring for five boisterious 5 years old boys and some younger children who are waiting for their parents. The older boys commence playing a game of 'transformers' which is modelld on a movie. The game becomes rowdy with them pushing and rolling on the ground. Some three year olds have started crying. What management strategies will you use for allowing the game to continue?

Move them to another section of the room away from the other children and say to them ,if you want ot contune to playing this game they have to use inside voice, inside behaviour as the younger children are getting upset
settle the younger children

3) A four year old has arrived at the facility without her comforter, whih is a piece of satin fabric, the child is distraught. how can you manage and console the child?

Identify the cause and respond to child
listen to what the child says
respond to the childs feelings
provide support and comfort the child - cuddles, sitting close to , getting down to their level
find something that is similar to the comforter and make it feel a special as their comforter
Provide comforters - bring something differnt, special or something of interest to them to try and take their mind of it
please let me know if Im on the right track and any help would be great

Lorina

Re: Chccn302a provide care for children

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:28 am

Hey Red,

I had a read through your responses and you pretty much covered everything that is required in the question.

1) A 4 1/2 year old arrives at your faciity upset and crying. You discover that the family's pet has died as a result of a snake bit. how can you pacify the child while at the same time being sensitive to the loss of the pet?

As part of your answer to this question I am attaching some information about how to help a child cope when their family pet dies. Maybe this can give you some more ideas of what to include in your answer.

[attachment=0]child_coping_pet_dies.pdf[/attachment]
2) In your long day care facility you are caring for five boisterious 5 years old boys and some younger children who are waiting for their parents. The older boys commence playing a game of 'transformers' which is modelld on a movie. The game becomes rowdy with them pushing and rolling on the ground. Some three year olds have started crying. What management strategies will you use for allowing the game to continue?

I agree with the points that you mentioned for this question. At the moment the boys at my centre are obsessed with Ben 10 and often end up playing this game while they are outside. Also, if the game becomes to physical you could redirect them by getting them involved in another activity. Such as "drawing their favorite transformer" or having a discussion about the characters in the movie.

3) A four year old has arrived at the facility without her comforter, whih is a piece of satin fabric, the child is distraught. how can you manage and console the child?

This situation often happens, when a child leaves their comforter at home. Like you mentioned, I would also try and provide them with something similar to the comforter that they can use when needed. The rest of your points on this question are good and you have appropriately answered this question.

Overall a job well done! :thumbup:

Cheers :geek:,
L.A
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

red

Post by red » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Thank you L.A for your feed back, It has been 17 years since i last did any study, the book you get doesnt give you that much info and I look up other information on the net but sometimes dont have that much luck, so any help is great. This is great website and glad i came across it in my seach for information

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:34 pm

Hey Red,

No worries... happy to help and I'm glad you like the site! :thumbup:

Cheers :geek:,
L.A