BSBMGT401A Show Leadership in the workplace

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
ameliustag

Post by ameliustag » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:38 pm

Hello ,I don't know if anyone can help me this question?
Q:By monitoring and evaluating work it becomes possible to identify performance gaps which might impact on goal achiement.What are the causes of performance gaps that might need to be address?

CHCRF511A Work in partnership with families to provide appropriate care for children
Q:From your experience what strategies have you found effective in ensuring that a positive and active partnership is formed with the family in the care of a child?

Q:From your experience how would you respond to a child's mother who has experssed concern about some changing behaviour in their child?

3 more questions to go with my Diploma and I really need help .Thank you very much.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: BSBMGT401A Show Leadership in the workplace

Post by fchaudari76 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:03 am

1. Many things can cause performance gaps, stress, personal issues, not being motivated etc

2. What i have found works (from my experience) is making sure i chat to the parents each day, give them an idea of the childs day, answering questions and being open to them telling me things that can help me know & care for their child better. Having parents & grandparents coming to see the child at work during the day etc

3. Again how I would respond would be to be sympathetic towards the concerns and even if you have not noticed a change in the child at daycare try and help the mother work out what may be happening at home. I would ask if anything had changed in the child's life and explain that sometimes some small changes that adults may not perceive as a "change" as such can really affect a child. If you have noticed a change in the child too I would say that you were observing it and were going to talk to the mum as well about it. Again try & work out what the root of the issue is. Usually the behaviour presented can give you an idea of what change may have occured eg attention seeking behaviour can indicate the child is suddenly not getting as much attention as they used to .... could be younger sibling is now talking so getting more talk time with parents ---> child's behaviour changed as they are competing for attention

Good luck with the last 3 questions of your Diploma .... you will feel super good once they are done

I just finished mine and felt great

ameliustag

Post by ameliustag » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Hi fefe76:Thank you very much,hope I can finish my course this time :)
How's your new job?do you enjoy it?
May I ask how long did you take to finish your Diploma?

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:39 am

I RPLed 14 Units of my Diploma due to having a Montessori Diploma ... the last 4 units I did within 2 months. All in all it took me about 5-6 mnths from when they actually started on the RPL process.
The new job is ok, won't say as much as enjoying at this point in time but hopefully I will get there soon.
I find the system very different to what I am used to and as I do not have a room of my own I am just flitting from room to room which is always hard as you can't really make your mark anywhere. Also tad peeved as none of my paperwork has been done, and I've never begun working without having a proper offer letter, signing contract etc! Anyway I am sure it will get done soon.