Introducing Myself!!

You may use this forum for all general discussions on topics that are not covered in the above forums..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Amanda191982

Introducing Myself!!

Post by Amanda191982 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi all.

My name is a Amanda and I am a 31 year old mum. I have a 7 year old boy named Bailey.

I have just started my Cert 3 in Child Care. This is a huge change for me and is very daunting. I have pretty much worked in the retail sector all my working life but have thought about doing child care for a very long time.

My Cert 3 is work placement and I am doing it through Evocca.

I am hoping to this forum will help me through my course and hopefully make some new friends along the way.

Lorina

Re: Introducing Myself!!

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:38 am

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave: It's very nice to meet you!

I'm Lorina and you will find me pretty much everywhere in this site. I'll be one of the regulars supporting you through any of your assignment questions and guide you through any questions you may have in general.

Starting a new career is never easy and making that change is a big step. From what it sounds like this is something that you've wanted to do. Working with children is never easy and it's a roller coaster ride but the affection the children show and the relationships you develop with families and the children make it all worthwhile. It's so special being part of a young child's life and supporting them to develop their learning, skills and ability. Through it all, we do make a difference and that brings a lot of happiness and satisfaction. Each child you encounter will hold a special place in your heart and bring smiles to you on those rough days! I don't think that happens in retail! :giggle:

Amanda, great to have you on board, good luck through your studies! We are always here if you need a helping hand!

:geek:,
L.A

Amanda191982

Re: Introducing Myself!!

Post by Amanda191982 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:45 am

Thanks Lorina.

I have been doing a few hours every 3 or 4 days at my son's old daycare just helping out and getting a feel for it. I have a few little friends already that cling to me as soon as they see me walk through the gate lol. It has been awesome and my main reason for finally making my decision.

Thanks again. :wave: