Activities For Increasing Attention Span In Children

Kids Activities, Art and Crafts, Cooking Ideas, Kids Songs and Games related discussions.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
srimom_123

Activities For Increasing Attention Span In Children

Post by srimom_123 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi everybody,

I want some list of activities which will help me increase the attention span in a 4-5 year old child.The activities need to be very interesting to engross the child and make him sit in a place.

Thanks

Lorina

Re: Activities for 4-5 year old to increase attention span

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:57 am

Hi Shri,

There are different approach you can use to extend and improve your child's attention span. I personally think that one of the best effective activity to get your child involved for a long period of time is to get them to do something like drawing, painting, sketching, colouring, etc.....this will encourage children to sit focused for a long period as they work on these activities.

:geek:,
L.A

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:59 pm

legos should works well too...or any toys of such kind were your child needs to put together. It could be even like putting together models of cars, planes, etc..or anything similar to these activities. These are fun activities for all children especially for 4-5 year olds..

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:29 pm

making things with plastcine or clay - pretty much anything messy and fun will grab a childs attention
some puzzles are good as it makes the child sit and focus quite a bit ie if the enjoy puzzles.
in my Montessori room my children would sit and do the map (as in states/countries etc) of Europe & Africa over and over, they would sit there for 20 mins sometimes just to do it as it was such an achievement for them to complete such complex puzzles and gave them such a sense of pride and confidence in themselves when they did it

adoreachild

Post by adoreachild » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:42 pm

Did you sent your child to any nursery or some play schools when they were of 2-3 yrs.old. I think they have learned varieties of activities there and now in school also they might have told to perform different types games and physical activities which are enough for them.

sophiebowaus

Post by sophiebowaus » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:24 am

A puzzle, wooden blocks or gardening. Refrain them from watching tv and playing on pads. Instead give them math or spelling activity. There are a lot activity they can do.