CHCCS400C - Case Study: Legislation & Service Policies

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
msbergz

CHCCS400C - Case Study: Legislation & Service Policies

Post by msbergz » Thu May 02, 2013 4:43 pm

Your Assignment Module Number and Heading: CHCCS400C Final Assessment
Your Assignment Type: Standard Question
Currently Working in Childcare? No
Your knowledge: Beginner

Your Question?
1. Read the case study then, write down, or tell your trainer, your answers to the questions that follow.

Case study
You have just started working in a new childcare service. You are aware of the relevant legislation that guides your work, so now just need to become familiar with the service’s policies and procedures. You realize that some things require knowledge of both legislation and the services practices.

Complete the following table, by explaining where you would find the information relating to all the things you need to understand. The information may be covered by legislation and/or explained elsewhere. Provide detail of all sources of the information.

Table to be filled in below:

Things you need to understand This information is covered in legislation This information is explained elsewhere
Your tasks that are part of your role

Staff to child ratios

Reporting accidents

Supervising in the yard

Ensuring children are always supervised
Maintaining confidentiality

Participating in policy review

Who to ask for help if a procedure is not clear
Who to speak to if your job description is not clear
Your duty-of-care responsibilities
How to refer clients to advocacy services if necessary

What is your answer so far or What have you done so far as an attempt to solve this question?
Im having trouble working out the difference between the legislation and the part where it says "elsewhere". Everytime I go to do it I think they could go under legislation (all of them) but then there would be no reason for the "elsewhere" part to be there. Im not exactly sure what its asking of me. Very confused!!!! :/

Description and Message:
Last edited by Lorina on Wed May 08, 2013 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

lumamelzem

Re: CHCCS400C

Post by lumamelzem » Thu May 02, 2013 7:44 pm

What they mean by Staff to child ratios is in the legislation
what they mean by Reporting accidents will be in the accidental records
what they mean by Supervising in the yard will be in the policy

msbergz

Re: CHCCS400C

Post by msbergz » Fri May 03, 2013 9:57 pm

Oh great thankyou!
I was thinking the same thing, started it and then thought I was on the wrong track coz I guessed at the end of the day they would all underline legislation! :/
Thankyou so much for your help! :)