CHCRF511A - Supporting Families In A Centre

Forum for students doing their Diploma in Childcare.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
diploma2011

CHCRF511A - Supporting Families In A Centre

Post by diploma2011 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Im a little stuck on some questions help please?

2.How do you ensure information about families is kept confidential?

3.How do you ensure all staff knows relevant information about each child?
4.How do/would you reach an agreement with a family regarding a care practice request that was difficult to implement in your service?
5.In what ways do you create a welcoming atmosphere for all family members and cultural groups?
6.What opportunities do you provide for family involvement in the service or program? How do you show respect for the different levels of involvement families demonstrate?
7.How do you reflect cultural awareness in the workplace?
8.how do you respond to language barriers in the service?
Last edited by Lorina on Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Neets
Participator
Participator

Re:CHCRF511A - Supporting Families In A Centre

Post by Neets » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:03 pm

diploma2011 wrote:Im a little stuck on some questions help please?

2.How do you ensure information about families is kept confidential?

3.How do you ensure all staff knows relevant information about each child? by having a book with the relevant info for just the staff to read

4.How do/would you reach an agreement with a family regarding a care practice request that was difficult to implement in your service?

5.In what ways do you create a welcoming atmosphere for all family members and cultural groups? have pictures of different Cultural 's and try a cultural day where children come in different dresses

6.What opportunities do you provide for family involvement in the service or program? How do you show respect for the different levels of involvement families demonstrate? have letters to the family in both languages
7.How do you reflect cultural awareness in the work place? show art form different cultures, Celebrate different Major Holidays, take part in a day where different foods from other cultures are served , have a Cultural Day of Celebration with Dancing and music
8.how do you respond to language barriers in the service?

I hope this helps My Answers are in the Blue and green :D :thumbup:

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: CHCRF511A - Supporting Families In A Centre

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:34 am

2.How do you ensure information about families is kept confidential?children's files are kept in the office. Staff should be mindful of not discussing things they read about in the file with other staff or other parents etc

3.How do you ensure all staff knows relevant information about each child?All staff should be provided with children's files to read through if they have dealings with that child

4.How do/would you reach an agreement with a family regarding a care practice request that was difficult to implement in your service?I would try to compromise and sit with the family and discuss and try and come up with care practices that could be implemented in our service

5.In what ways do you create a welcoming atmosphere for all family members and cultural groups?Smile and converse with everyone, regardless of their cultural background, don't avoid family members because "they don't understand much English anyway" ... there is always a way to communicate. Take the time to chat to people even if its not about the child

6.What opportunities do you provide for family involvement in the service or program? How do you show respect for the different levels of involvement families demonstrate?I have previously asked parents who could share things to come in and spend time with the kids, we have had parents who were vets who brought in a range of animals and other parents just housewives who came to teach us cultural cooking. You always understand that some people are busy and cannot devote much time to involving themselves in their childs daycare, in cases like this I would try and get them to do something at home that the child could do with them and then bring in to show their friends

7.How do you reflect cultural awareness in the workplace?Celebrate not only our holidays but holidays/celebrations of other cultures as well. It is a great way to introduce the children to the idea of different countries, their food, clothes etc + it lays the foundation to making a more tolerant person. Teach the children about different people and religions, show them videos on You Tube so they can see... I used to find clips of children playing or doing something the kids could relate to so I would say, they may look different and eat different food, dress differently and live far away but they still like playing outside with a ball, dancing etc

8.how do you respond to language barriers in the service?patience, its easy to get frustrated with children who do not comprehend basic English. Use non verbal communication + clearly and concisely say what you want showing the child so they make the connection....gesture eating and say "Its time to eat" ... keep it simple you can introduce morning tea, lunch etc once child understands eat. I used to give parents a list of common things I would say in class and ask them to write the equivalent in their language next to it in Roman English so I could read it to the child... I would then say "It's time to wash hands" in English and then repeat it in their language .... in time they understood it in English ....easy :)

Hope this helps