Access To ECT 20% Of The Time In A Service

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
harshitha

Re: Access To ECT 20% Of The Time In A Service

Post by harshitha » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:19 pm

Hi Lorina,

Thank you so much for clarifying this.I really appreciate your time and effort in explaining this in detail .

Regards,
Harshitha.

MrsFort

Post by MrsFort » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:44 am

Hi Lorina
Can I please ask what exactly would an offsite ECT's role play? Would it mainly be programming if they are not on site in a teaching role, just curious to see if this is an avenue that may suit us in the future.
Thank you Callie

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 pm

MrsFort wrote:Hi Lorina
Can I please ask what exactly would an offsite ECT's role play? Would it mainly be programming if they are not on site in a teaching role, just curious to see if this is an avenue that may suit us in the future?
Thank you Callie
Hi Callie,

I will look into this for you to clarify, however, in my opinion, the offsite ECT would probably be an "advisor" to the educators working within the ECT room. In regards to programming, they can lead the program with the room educators by being in contact with them. The off-site ECT can go through documentation written by the educators (emailed), provide ideas on experiences to be followed up or extended upon, collaborate and plan with the educators in the room for teaching strategies and intentional teaching plans, support educators etc. So, I would assume that Off-site ECT will need to always be in contact (daily) with all the educators in the room and probably need to visit the centre often to work effectively with the team...

Hope this helps!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:37 pm

MrsFort,

Once I find out more information I'll get back to you... I'll contact ACECQA to find out...

Lorina

MrsFort

Post by MrsFort » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:35 pm

Thank you so much Lorina, this is very helpful :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:11 pm

No worries!

Lorina