Nursery Room Tips

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Lorina

Nursery Room Tips

Post by Lorina » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:33 pm

Hey There,

A co worker came up with a great idea when reminding parents in bringing in nappies for their child. Write on the child´s nappy in colourful marker ¨More nappies please¨ during the child´s last change.

amyk90

Re: Nursery Room Tips

Post by amyk90 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:28 pm

well i have just been studying and an idea came up that get the parents to bring in the nappies and the child could have there pwn box or draw of some kind and the parents could put it in that

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 pm

Here's one more...

Hang pictures of each baby's family at their eye level on the wall or something.

Oh, if your having trouble changing a baby's nappy, try and distract them by hanging something down from the ceiling that they can look at and play with, while your trying to change their nappy....

mummaconky

Post by mummaconky » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:29 am

Another idea I have implemented in the past is contacting pictures to the floor so crawling babies can see a variety of pictures while down at a safe and comfortable level where they play.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:59 pm

Here is another...

Attach a full length mirror on the wall or a standing full length mirror (make sure that it is safe) and put baby in front of it. They love watching and exploring themselves while in front of the mirror...

Sometimes, babies that begin crying may cry more, while they watch their facial expressions in the mirror...lol..

sue073

Post by sue073 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:47 pm

for reminding parents for more nappies i have resorted to stapling a note to the child's bag stating (your child is running low on nappies, could you please bring more for your child's next kindy day. thank you)
i find this works well too... but having said i do like the nappy notes lol