Assessment Of A Gifted Child

Parenting FAQs, parenting issues & concerns, dealing with behaviour problems, disciplining children, sleeping problems, teaching children, pregnancy and more..
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ja9uar

Assessment Of A Gifted Child

Post by ja9uar » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:06 pm

hi everyone,

im wondering if someone knew any place where they do some assesment if a child is gifted?

location is sydney NSW

thankz

cheers

:)

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Re: gifted child

Post by catchmeifucan » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:34 pm

hi ja9uar,

wow! How exciting!

"im wondering if someone knew any place where they do some assesment if a child is gifted"

I am not sure about the place for assessment but I will try to find out. May I ask, are you enquiring about your child? why do you think your child may be gifted? What kind of signs does he show?

ja9uar

Post by ja9uar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:31 pm

hi catchmeifucan

yap im enquiring about my child... im also a childcare worker and almost finish my diploma in children services, and for me base on my experience she is quiet advance on some of the children at her age in different developmental stage and it is base on my observation and her carer observation, she goes to childcare once a week... but as a parent and it's my own child sometimes i need to balance it and can't really fully say my child is gifted unless there is a test or assessment that is done..
and her GP also say it before that she is advance, then one of my psychologist student friend (will graduate this year) say it as well that she is advance base on her age.

then as i go to this one of the site
http://www.louiseporter.com.au/pdfs/sig ... ss_web.pdf

then now im thinking of maybe i should ask some expert advice for my childs development to do some assessment.

catchmeifucan
Coach
Coach

Post by catchmeifucan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:44 pm

fair enough...if you think she may be gifted, there is no harm is getting her assessed and see how she goes. I have been searching and I found some information on FAQs about assessing giftedness in NSW and how you can go about to get your child tested.. Check it and let me know if it helps you in some ways. Find the attachment below.

Make sure you let us know on how things go. :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.